Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

New to Scion & 2015 Scion tC Release Series

Old 06-17-2015, 08:57 PM

Smile New to Scion & 2015 Scion tC Release Series

hello guys. i am new to the Scion world! i brought the 2015 Scion tC Release Series 9.0 today. they are getting it nice and shiny and ready for me and i should have it friday. i just have 2 questions. 1) is there anything i should know about Scion and their cars? 2)if anyone has done this, what is the top speed of the new 2015 Scion tC? i saw on 1 website it said 145mph. thank you guys so much for the help and please no negative comments!
Old 06-17-2015, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You wont be hitting 145 in your car stock, the cars are noisy, common fixes are posted, enjoy your car. Don't go buying every bolt on you can buy, keep it stock, enjoy your car, change your oil every 10k and it will last you a long time. OEM audio is a nice system if you can get it on sale, has a nice subwoofer and that and sound deadening really lit the car up in enjoyment segment for me. If you start lowering your car, cambering it, you will destroy your tires. Tires are pricy, lol. Break the car in, don't hot rod it. Take an easy for awhile, need the parts to wear together.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
You wont be hitting 145 in your car stock, the cars are noisy, common fixes are posted, enjoy your car. Don't go buying every bolt on you can buy, keep it stock, enjoy your car, change your oil every 10k and it will last you a long time. OEM audio is a nice system if you can get it on sale, has a nice subwoofer and that and sound deadening really lit the car up in enjoyment segment for me. If you start lowering your car, cambering it, you will destroy your tires. Tires are pricy, lol. Break the car in, don't hot rod it. Take an easy for awhile, need the parts to wear together.
thank you for your great feedback! nah I'm not like that. lowering and cambering especially where i live (NY) with all the potholes is just stupid. would you happen to know the top speed of the tC?
Old 06-17-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dominic10309
thank you for your great feedback! nah I'm not like that. lowering and cambering especially where i live (NY) with all the potholes is just stupid. would you happen to know the top speed of the tC?
I've had mine to like 124-128. It was pulling like a turd by that point. Beyond the point, youll never see that speed on the road, and don't hurt yourself trying or get arrested trying. just get use to the car.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
I've had mine to like 124-128. It was pulling like a turd by that point. Beyond the point, youll never see that speed on the road, and don't hurt yourself trying or get arrested trying. just get use to the car.
You shouldn't be struggling that bad to hit 128 unless you're driving an automatic. I'm quite sure the ecu controlled top speed is listed at 134 mph, and there is currently a video on youtube displaying it being done. Hope this helps. As for the snow handling, I personally think it does just fine. The traction control works great and as long as you are a good driver you should have very little problems unless you live in an area with a constant 4+ inches of snow.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congratulations on the purchase. I bought my 2013 new also. Ive had mine up to 130, love the car. I cannot stress enough make sure you break it in properly.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Locke
You shouldn't be struggling that bad to hit 128 unless you're driving an automatic. I'm quite sure the ecu controlled top speed is listed at 134 mph, and there is currently a video on youtube displaying it being done. Hope this helps. As for the snow handling, I personally think it does just fine. The traction control works great and as long as you are a good driver you should have very little problems unless you live in an area with a constant 4+ inches of snow.
Maybe i was too soft breaking it in, lost a few horses in exchange for longevity. im content, such a small % of mph loss is not a concern.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:02 AM
SL Member