Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Anyone know the price for the standard suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
I'd rather not ride on bumpstops for whenever I set the car slammed, which is why I paid $1,000 for what I have. Also don't have to go cutting things to go lower which seems to be what's needed for the Raceland/Rokkor for the tC1.
That's true to a certain degree... That being said, $ =/= Quality. Ksport could have easily said you know what? They will start at 1k, and people would still buy them.This whole stigma of paying more for a better drop and ride is idiotic. Definitely not the case.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All kits will have their pros and cons(this will likely deal with spring rates and dampers). With adjustable coilovers slowly rolling out and only about several(KSport, Standard, KW, Tanabe, Tein) available for purchase, it'll be a moment to get any long term reviews. There's still more companies releasing product for the tC2(still waiting for BC and D2 that I know of).
Old 05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

@dropzone its at about 3in right now or so...im waiting on a few things to go in before i exact it/measure the drop

@"others" done with the issue because i'm not going to keep repeating myself, reading comprehension is important...and if u have such a problem with it then just skip over my comments...its not going to kill you...

oh and fyi, i'm not "rolling on 20s" those are the wheels i use for shows....again, reading comprehension
Old 05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
@dropzone its at about 3in right now or so...im waiting on a few things to go in before i exact it/measure the drop

@"others" done with the issue because i'm not going to keep repeating myself, reading comprehension is important...and if u have such a problem with it then just skip over my comments...its not going to kill you...

oh and fyi, i'm not "rolling on 20s" those are the wheels i use for shows....again, reading comprehension

If nobody here understands what you write, then have you considered that the problem could be in your mirror? Not only are you not competent technically, but in scription also! Give it up! Avoiding your posts is like trying to avoid cat droppings in a litter box. We don’t like your cat droppings here. Leave them someplace else.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Haha funny but true
Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM

one's trying to be a doctor and the other is an aerospace engineer? i could be trippin, but i think they can read.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

2tCornot2tC and theAlexHernandez.. you guys are the best! ;b

i had a disagreement with KidJustin over "Copy" body kits in the US in the Aero Buyers Guide thread.. i knew his popularity was just over his website and overexposure.. basically- a fanboy tryna get the "best" product from what he hears, so all the other fanboys have someone to look up to.. and his 20's.. lol- Rare doesn't always mean nice.. company is probably bankrupt and the wheels weren't into production cause they're ugly- Oh yes, i did

ANYWAY..

i bought my STD R3's for $1600 shipped to HI. ($1500 coil overs)
R1's are $1300 without adjustable front upper pillow ball mounts.

the spring rates i have are 10k front, 8k rear. real stiff if you ask me. try getting a 8k/6k.

Contacted them through email- great service and communication, transaction and everything was done through email only.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
?
Once u learn how to read u see that I said sagging is from lowering sprigs NOT coils...I havent heard anything specific on our cars about tein coils, but I've heard enough negative overall that I'm turned away from them all together.
lol.

Spring, Lowering Spring, Coil Spring- ALL THE SAME!

"Coils" like you are talking about, are a fanboy term for Coilovers.. 2tCornot2tC was talking about suspension companies buying their "coil-springs" from an outside manufacturer..

Reading isn't your problem.. its learning how to talk to a true car enthusiast.. know where you stand KJ, and don't argue with those that know more than you.

2tCornot2tC