Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

More spongy brakes :/

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Default More spongy brakes :/

I've read and read forums and searched the internet. I'm going to tell you my ordeal and maybe someone can help.
My wife complained about a squishy pedal one day and that she had to pump the brakes up before they would start grabbing. At first when I checked the brakes I thought they were good (they were not. They were bad on the insides). So my first thought was MC. I got a new one bench bled , installed and bled all brakes RR,LR,FR,FL. Still spongy. Rechecked my work twice and rechecked brakes. ( this is where I found the inside pads were bad.) so I installed new brakes rebled from where I had MC Off again and now they're worse. Piston seem to travel back and forth. I'm lost . I hate to take it to the shop but I may have to bite the bullet. Any tips would be awesome. My next step is installing the old MC if that doesn't help (I may have ruined inside seals on the new) ill goto brakes hoses.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Default Fixed

I think my rotors needed turned and the brakes didn't seat as fast. All problems gone. Low pads were the root cause of all this. Lesson learned check the inside of ALL the damn pads too...