Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance Products Adjustable C-Pillar Brace

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
SL Member

Default TB Performance Products Adjustable C-Pillar Brace

TB Performance is proud to announce that we are going to be the only company to sell an adjustable brace for the C Pillar of the Scion TC2. This is the replacement for our old X brace that we discontinued. The brace will not only stiffen up the chassis but should also reduce the amount of creaking associated with the moon roof in this vehicle! The brace will tie the C Pillars together to create a much more uniform and predictable ride and will be positioned above the TB Performance Trunk Brace. What is even better is that this brace will be the second component in the new modular trunk system! This brace will be able to be tied to the Trunk brace to make a brace that successfully connect the c pillars to the shock towers and to the body of the car. This will significantly tighten up the car and make handling superior to anything on the road!(more detailed pictures to come in the next few hours)

Name:  NewBracetc2.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  208.3 KB
Name:  DSCF4259.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  255.8 KB
Name:  DSCF4258.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  224.7 KB
Name:  DSCF4257.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  215.6 KB
Name:  DSCF4256.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  265.0 KB
Name:  DSCF4255.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  202.9 KB
Name:  DSCF4253.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  267.2 KB
Name:  DSCF4251.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  217.0 KB

Before anyone comments on the imperfections on this particular brace please understand this was the prototype and a few modifications have been made to the bar shown. MORE PHOTOS WILL BE COMING showing the improvements, but the actual IDEA of the bar remains unchanged and just cosmetic adjustments have been made. The bar will be seamless(notice the welding bulge on the left side of the bar...that will be gone) Also the connecting cups at each end will be made larger to allow for easier installation.

The product is live and ready for order on our site but there will be more info on the handling improvements and such to come in the next few hours/days. Also there will FOR SURE be more photos to come! I am currently ready to do a run of these bad boys and am capable of producing 25!

PRICE IS 75 DOLLARS EACH

Last edited by TB_Performance_Products; 03-26-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

nice i am in for some more pictures
Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so I've got the mid-Chassis brace, the Trunk Bar, I ordered a Tanabe front bar, since you guys don't make one, as well as springs and Sways. Is this bar gonna be that last Peice I need to buy to finish my Suspension?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^This bar plus one more, which will connect the upper and lower bars together.

I am the one with the prototype. First major thing I noticed while driving the car is that all of the normal creaking/groaning/noises that come from the rear end are virtually gone now. I have a few hard turns in it as well to see if it improved anything, and the cars a heck of a lot more stable in the rear. I will post some more pics of this prototype in a couple of hours when I get out of work today.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TB Performance FTW!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So I have had this bar in for a few days and it's definitely an improvement. The handling feels better and the rear is so much quieter with it in.
Everyone should get in on this bar, it's a must have for the tC.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered my trunk and c-pillar brace a few days ago. I can't wait to install them and test them out.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:24 AM
SL Member

Pics added! Orders already made will be in the mail on monday morning(if not already shipped :D)
Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wellesley, didnt you help on the original X brace, and if so, I assume you had one, does this feel any different?

Anyone on the fence about ordering any of these braces, just do it! My car handled waaaaay better in the corners with the mid, trunk and X brace(unfortunately discontinued now). I wouldn't drive my car without them.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this may sound a little douchey but I'm really on the fence about this product because of the whole xbrace drama from last time. Just as I was about to order it, they discontinued it cuz of fitment issues.

Not saying that will happen with this product, BUT IF IT DOES, will we get a complete refund for my purchase? If I hear what I need to hear, I'll order it tomorrow
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can say that mine had some minor fitment issues on one part if the X brace and Danny was ready to refund my money immediately. Since I live close I went to his shop and he made a new set for me and compensated me for my time and Gas
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok cool, I see on their website that the "modular trunk system cross brace" has yet to be released and goes with this bar. Any idea when it is going to come out? That way I can just order both of them at the same time.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure on that one, hopefully Danny jumps in with estimate
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
SL Member

We will be releasing the cross brace here in a few weeks. We are still going through with design and fitment to make sure another X brace issue doesn't occur lol...And fear not, should any customer get a product they aren't happy with I will instantly refund money! I don't play around with my customers, I will ALWAYS make it right no matter the cost to me. I have had under five refunds in almost a year of business with over 200 orders out on three of the 6 DRIVEABLE continents. 4 of those refunds were X braces, and one was a custimer who didnt know he had a sedan and not a hatchback(Mazda trunk brace only fits hatchbacks and he had a sedan but we refunded him and let him keep the brace).

On a side note we just set up our first authorized dealer in Temecula California! If you are a local you can order parts and even have them installed at The Underground Society! There is more info on their address, hours and such on my website Tbperformanceproducts.com
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey I have a question. Where does the C pillar brace connect to? I was looking in my trunk and couldn't figure it out.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member

Got mine today. Install tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 PM
SL Member

There are Two ten mm bolts on the c pillars that connect the plastics to the unibody. remove them, adjust and bolt in :D
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 PM
SL Member

Check out our parts now on beangarage.com !!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
SL Member

In stock in both red and black. Played with the site a bit, let me know what you guys think! Free shipping for the month of July!