Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance Products Trunk Brace!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:59 AM
SL Member

Default TB Performance Products Trunk Brace!

Hello ScionLife, we are TB Performance Products and we have been building performance suspension components for Mazda3/speed3s for two years now and recently we decided to make a run of parts for the new generation scion TC. This piece ties the tops of the rear shock towers to one another creating a much more stable and tight rear end. Cornering, skid pad, and confidence are greatly increased while trunk space is not impaired too much for daily driving use. The instal literally requires no more than a 17mm socket wrench and 5 minutes of time. We are currently gauging interest on our Trunk Brace, the price is currently predicted to be 75-100 dollars plus shipping. Each Brace is made of 3/4 steel with MIG welded beads tying the end couplers to the actual bar. All hardware required is included. Now here are the pictures!!

Name:  DSCF3549.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  142.4 KB
Name:  DSCF3547.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  DSCF3545.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  89.9 KB
Name:  DSCF3539.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  223.3 KB
Name:  DSCF3537.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  104.5 KB

Any more info requested will be given, once again this is a gauging interest post to see if we will start full fledged production. If I can get ten people who are seriously interested we will make a run of them for the community and also become a vendor here on scionlife to continue developing new improvements for the new generation TC! For more information on TB Performance and to check out our previous work, reviews, and info for mazdas please feel free to browse our website and home forum...To order please go to tbperformanceproducts.com Once that is paid we will ship your product as soon as possible and send you a tracking number :D

Website- www.Tbperformanceproducts.com

Email- Tbperformanceproducts@gmail.com

Phone-(951) 719-3207

Last edited by WellesleyScion; 06-21-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For 50 bucks I'm game! What about a group buy? Also how about a different color? Like black color code 202?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 AM
SL Member

Possibly! We will for sure be able to gloss black and flat black paints. Those are what we use on the mazda pieces :D Red, Flat, and high gloss are the only options with those and we will probably remain with them should we run scion parts. Tell your friends too and spread the word. The more action we see here the more we will build. We are very excited to be working with this platform and want to do more if the market is willing :D
Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How do I order? And gloss black is fine with me.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:43 AM
SL Member

We are currently just gauging interest because we are not an approved vendor as of yet, however given a few more responses like yours we will be soon!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure you will have no problem getting more responses.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 AM
SL Member

We just purchased a slot as a vendor so hopefully we can modify this thread to be a For sale/ New vendor thread :D
Old 10-30-2011, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member

I would be very interested in one of these. Gloss red would suit me just fine...match the rest of my suspension parts.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 AM
SL Member

Well as it happens we have the gloss red shown in the picture. It's probably my favorite paint we have. All the braces on my Mazda 3 are in that red. I'm hoping a moderator will recognize my payment so I can start accepting orders! We usually ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday so I'd like to have a few braces out this week. Go ahead and email me if you would like more info at tbperformanceproducts@gmail.com

Danny
TB Performance
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will this work with coilovers, considering that damper controls would probably be there?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 AM
SL Member

I am not sure because our test mule didn't have any, however if you have a picture of the damper controls I can tell you plus we have a full money back guarantee on our parts if something shouldn't not fit. We wouldn't even ask for the part back. However that only happened one time while we sold parts on mazdas. That is an awesome question though and I will find an answer asap!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 AM
SL Member

From what I am seeing with the tein coils it would appear to fit. The mounting cups have a half inch wide hole where the top of the shock tower goes and is bolted to. So as long as the top is threaded and the adjuster for the damper is removable or small enough to be fit through a half inch hole then it will fit I hope this helps
Old 10-30-2011, 06:35 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

just wondering...any plans on what ur going to do with the area where the stock plastic parts u took off? i mean...will u guys design something so it doest just look like a cutout square with the bar bolted in
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the welds look a little rough but overall it can be cleand up. would go for one on my xb2!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know..I talked to some local autoX'ers, and a local race/fab shop about doing this in my xb2. (I was going to make it out of a solid piece of aluminum).

They assured me that since it was on the strut itself, and not on the strut mount, that it would really only hurt handling. Their advice was based on the fact that it wasn't tying the strut towers together and reducing body flex, but was instead just tying the struts themselves together. They went on to explain that strut tower bars work by reducing the overall flex of the towers, not the struts themselves, and said that if you tied the two front struts by their top nuts(instead a strut tower bar) together like I wanted to do to the rears(and like this bar), it would handle horribly.

Not sure if they misunderstood my idea, but it was basically this exact piece in aluminum.

VERY interested to see the skid pad results if it does in fact increase handling!!

Last edited by Roller_Toaster; 10-30-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:20 PM
SL Member

The skid pad tests showed a .2-.3 additional gain in G forces. we do a similar build on Mazdas and the information you received is contradictory to the information we have gathered through two years of product testing. The angle also makes the welds look that way but I have been welding for 5 years now and the production ones are gorgeous. I have one going to Backinblack and I am sure he will be impressed with the overall build quality and performance gains. Seeing as this is my form of income and my only way of making ends meet please, if you do not have anything nice to say do not say it at all or send me a PM and I will be able to assuage your concerns via that. Thank you for your understanding :D We just paid for a spot as a vendor so I am really hoping to have a good experience with the Scion community.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TB_Performance_Products
The skid pad tests showed a .2-.3 additional gain in G forces. we do a similar build on Mazdas and the information you received is contradictory to the information we have gathered through two years of product testing. The angle also makes the welds look that way but I have been welding for 5 years now and the production ones are gorgeous. I have one going to Backinblack and I am sure he will be impressed with the overall build quality and performance gains. Seeing as this is my form of income and my only way of making ends meet please, if you do not have anything nice to say do not say it at all or send me a PM and I will be able to assuage your concerns via that. Thank you for your understanding :D We just paid for a spot as a vendor so I am really hoping to have a good experience with the Scion community.

I was not trying to be mean. To my understanding this was a pre-production unit and i was just pointing out to my point of view it could be cleaned up. Now in person if they look nice then forget it. Just given you some constructive criticism.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 PM
SL Member

Not a problem sir! I dont mind at all! I appreciate the views of anyone who cares about cars and performance like I do :D Im just waiting on moderator so I can get these parts rolling out to customers! As soon as I finish the first run Ill post pictures of the new beads as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll take one in black as soon as you get approved or can send payment through paypal. Pm me if you want to go that route.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm down for a black one!! and if you do a front strut tower brace i'm down too

Quick Reply: TB Performance Products Trunk Brace!