Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD springs question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 PM

Default TRD springs question

Got a 13 tc and want to put some trd springs on it, but want to compromise the nice smooth ride that i have right now with factory. Does the car still take bumps well and not all clanky sounding. Does it still feel "NEW" but with a stiffer feel on turns?

Let me know your opinion guys! Thanks much
Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 AM
SL Member

I had the TRD springs on my 2013 tC and I honestly couldn't tell a difference in ride quality from the stock springs to the TRDs. I swapped them out for the eibach sportline set because I wanted to be a little lower and with that spring swap came the noticeable change in ride quality. It's not bad by any means but it's definetly a stiff ride. I still have my TRDs, they're for sale. They have less than 5,000 miles on them. PM me if interested.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have eibach pro-kit which I believe is the same thing. I like them a lot and there is a tiny drop. I tried racelands coilovers and they were super bumpy. I went back to the eibachs. I would buy his TRD springs. They are nice. Then buy eibachs sway bars
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jonnyd83
Got a 13 tc and want to put some trd springs on it, but want to compromise the nice smooth ride that i have right now with factory. Does the car still take bumps well and not all clanky sounding. Does it still feel "NEW" but with a stiffer feel on turns?

I also had the same question. I want to lower mine, but I'm unsure about the springs to buy. There's 3 I have in mind:

TRD
Tein S-tech
Tein H-tech

Can somebody please post pictures of your TC2 with Tein S or Tein H? I'd like to see the difference btw these.

Any suggestions on any of the above springs? Thanks guys
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD's came stock on my RS8. Leaves about a half inch between tire and wheel well. Ride is stiff but not unbearable. Still leaves the car with enough height to get over speed bumps without ripping the front lip off.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by pfdumigan
TRD's came stock on my RS8. Leaves about a half inch between tire and wheel well. Ride is stiff but not unbearable. Still leaves the car with enough height to get over speed bumps without ripping the front lip off.
Thanks for the input. I've decided to go with them - TRDs, as I am not looking to drop the car a lot. Some roads/bumps here are pretty bad
Old 07-29-2013, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackytC
Thanks for the input. I've decided to go with them - TRDs, as I am not looking to drop the car a lot. Some roads/bumps here are pretty bad
Anytime man. I'm sure you'll be very satisfied. Post some pics after install!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love my TRDs too! You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 PM

I ordered my TRD springs and decided against installing them. My car is a lease and don't really wanna uninstall them and in all honesty the 1inch drop isn't that much so i'm just going to keep stock. Local Pick up only =) I'll meet halfway and ill give a good price i assure you.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The install isn't too bad assuming you have a nice impact gun. you will just need to realign the car after the install.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had dealer put mine on at purchase. I was a bit more money but I still have full factory warranty. If I did myself, I wouldn't. The ride is great and it gives it a tasteful drop. One thing I would mention is that you dont tell your insurance company. I did and they canceled my insurance...really strange.

BTW, I'm a lease...wasn't a problem, but again the dealer put them on as I purchased with car from dealer.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyd83

trd springs barley lower it go for some ebaich springs they are way better and provide better handling and fyi if you lower it you will need a camber kit or you will kill your tires.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by y0dag33k
trd springs barley lower it go for some ebaich springs they are way better and provide better handling and fyi if you lower it you will need a camber kit or you will kill your tires.
not necessarily true. Some people are effected more than others. Mine has been lowered first on Eibach, then much lower with racelands, then back to Eibach for over 10k miles and I have not had issues, as well as others on this forum. That being said, some have lowered and had issues within a few months
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the trd springs are made by eibach..which are soft at the top by nature and stiff from mid-lower for the go cart feel..you can literally feel the same ride with tighter turns aroundt he street then race and slam those corners like no other..trd is a moderate drop of 1" and only comes in 1" go to carid.com and eibach has a full set of sway bars shocks etc for cheaper and has 2 options of 1" and 1.5"