Notices

Extreme wear on rear tires...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

She may be more understanding, may know all the problems too.
She still can't go to far out of bounds with service before questions are asked and the techs normally won't go above and beyond factory specks it doesn't pay any more for them, and it's all a $$ and time game for them...
Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

She's on vacation unfortunately.

I've spoken with the service director and he told me Toyota would probably not pay or cover anything regarding tires after a non-dealer installation of the TRD coils.

He said my local dealer does a good deal considering the lowering springs are not installed by toyota. In fact, the local dealer doesn't know what it is I believe.

They will pay alignment and 1 tire. I'll pay one tire. They suggested BFGoodridge g-force sport comp-2 which are not bad and very close to factory ratings. 215$ +tx

I think it's worth it. After all, I have decided to install myself and did not do the alignment. My fault.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well not having Toyota do the aliment is not a bad thing!!! The factory has such a vast range that is ok for aliment even after it could and might still eat the tires.
A shop not connected to a dealer will have a name to keep and will on average do a better job and tell you ( in some cases show you ) what the car is set to and what it should be set to. If they are any good they will show you what a good road going setting will be and why, but also ask what you want you do with the car, daily driving, weekend road carving, ETC.
The average person spends 95% of the car mileage in a straight line going down the road, with the price of gas and tires a good aliment now if you spend $200-300 now is only a couple of tires and if you double or triple the life then you have payed for the aliment in the first year.
We already have twice the miles on our michelin super sports and show little wear compared to the factory rubber burned off at 25k, so we have recouped our $ already!!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say don't take it anywhere else then Scion to get it aligned because our car already stock comes different from left to right tires and if these ppl from Toyota couldn't realize that the alignment is wrong then I don't know...its like taking a Rolls Royce to a BMW dealer to fix it! the same company owns the two but you wouldn't want another brand fixing it. just trying to help...hope everything works out to
Old 08-02-2013, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't say how the dealers in your area are when it comes to repair or service work goes but when your comparing our 22k Scion to a 55-160k BMW or 180-500k RR the shops in our area are completely different!
Lexus and Toyota are completely different dealers in my area and here not even close to each other.
We can only express our dealing with the dealers we have been too and the work they have done!
My dealer on the aliment issue down right sucked! The issue of the clear coat peeling of the hood and front bumper has been A1+, they have twice resprayed the bumper and hood with the same problem and now they are fighting with Toyota for replacment parts because they are tired of the hassle and providing us a rental of the same or better each time!
The real funny part is the dealer had a aliment rack and out sorce the body work...
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noisy1
I can't say how the dealers in your area are when it comes to repair or service work goes but when your comparing our 22k Scion to a 55-160k BMW or 180-500k RR the shops in our area are completely different!
Lexus and Toyota are completely different dealers in my area and here not even close to each other.
We can only express our dealing with the dealers we have been too and the work they have done!
My dealer on the aliment issue down right sucked! The issue of the clear coat peeling of the hood and front bumper has been A1+, they have twice resprayed the bumper and hood with the same problem and now they are fighting with Toyota for replacment parts because they are tired of the hassle and providing us a rental of the same or better each time!
The real funny part is the dealer had a aliment rack and out sorce the body work...
Funny. My scion dealership IS the lexus dealership. Exact same lot and building and same staff. I use dealership for everything and have been awesome with me on everything. Sadly I am moving and this saddens me, I hope in ohio the dealership where I go is half as nice as the one in alaska. AAA+ service accross the board.