Notices

Tire pressure light

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 11:16 PM

Default Tire pressure light

So I got the tire pressure light on probably because of change of temperature but I put air in my tires and pressed the button but it hasn’t gone away any help to fix this?
◄◄Click Here to Add your car to the Garage

Sticky What does Garage is empty, Add now mean?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-03-2017 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Insert Moderator's Note
Old 12-03-2017, 06:06 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Friendly Advice: In my 10 years here, I find a lot of Members Do Not get a Reply because there are No Mind Readers here. It is Best if you were to Add your Car to the Garage/Add to your Signature or State in each Post
for example, "I have a 2011 tC with 65,000 miles". "One or All of my tires are Indicating the TMPS (Temperature Monitoring Pressure Light) Stays on after filling 1 or all my tires". Be Specific. Supply More not Less Info.

The TMPS is Self-Monitoring. When your tires are all properly inflated and at the pressure benchmark, you push the Reset Button in your Glove box, the light will go Off.

Unless, if only one tire, that tire is defective. (I had a leak in one tire that had to be replaced). Or depending on the age and mileage of your vehicle the TMPS Sensor is Suspect.
Then it should be checked by your Service Department and should Be Replaced.

MR_LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-06-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 AM

when you start your car does light blink then stay solid or just come on solid? Blinking light means a malfunctioning component usually a issue with a TPMS sensor.
If its on solid its a tire pressure issue. Adjust tire pressures to amount stated on the placard in the driver's door jamb then use the reset button, leave the key in the on position for a 60 seconds or drive it over 25mph for a few blocks. My 2016 tC resets within 30 seconds of cycling the car to ON