Notices

Wheel spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wheel spacer?

I came across the idea of wheel spacers. Is this possible to do with stock rims and tires? Will this make it ride like crap? I dont really understand what a wheelspacer is exactly.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stick to Eibach or H&R Spacers because when it comes to these quality is very important. Don't go with cheap ones.
Yes they work fine on stock wheels I've seen them before.
Stay away from the Adapter type and go with the spacer type that bring the extended studs.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A wheel spacer is exactly what it says it is. It spaces your wheels out farther out, so your wheels stick out farter. These are more intended for aftermark wheels with a lower offset so you can get the stance you want when lowered, not so much on a stock ride height. I see you don't know what they are, so I was wondering why you are pondering the idea or what you are looking to do?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im brand new to this stuff as this is my first "real" car that I feel a need to dump money into lol. I thought it would look good aesthetically to have the wheels stick out further. Perhaps Im just making a fool of myself not knowing about this stuff.

Regardless, Im looking for an aggressive stance that isnt going to cost me a fortune. I was trying not to lower it atleast too much as my town is pothole city at the moment.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah dude that's great. That's what you should be doing. Ask away. No one would fault you for trying to learn. But yeah, right now spacers aren't what you are looking for. If you want stance without breaking the bank, that means you are pretty much just leaving out the wheels. You can stance stock wheels. You need to buy yourself some coilovers (search tC aftermarket suspension), and then camber it a bit, and then to have a more flush look you can space it out a few millimeters. Otherwise, you can get some wide wheels for cheap too, like xxr's, those are pretty cheap and super wide, and you'd be pretty stanced with coilovers, xxr's and camber. That's about as "budget" as stance gets. And all of that with the wheels and new tires, I mean, you're look at probably $3,000.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would you recommend springs over coilovers? This is a daily driver so I dont want to sacrifice all comfort for performance. I also would only want a and inch to an inch an a half drop. Maybe what Im trying to achieve is not possible with what im willing to spend/trying to keep my car from bottoming out constantly on our terrible roads.

I see raceland coilovers would give me the height Im comfortable with, now as far as camber goes, I remember my wrx had adjustable camber, Im safe to assume this would as well?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I mean that's the cost of being low bud. But yeah, you can put on some $180 springs that will drop you 2inches, but that's not aggressive stance as you mentioned. With this drop, you won't need camber or anything, and spacers still might be silly. Just google tC's with the springs you are looking at. Just go to fastscions.com and start there and look for brands and then google the different types to see what they look like.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright, I appreciate your help. Thanks for clearing some stuff up for me.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah no problem. Keep 'em coming. I got you.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

and to finish, the tC2 does not come with an camber adjustments, you would need to buy aftermarket bolts for the front and/or camber arms for the rear
Old 03-20-2014, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TB performance just made RUCA for our cars so if you want you should order them ASAP. they're only $200 atm for the SL group buy, but will shoot up to $250 next month. btw if you want a comfortable ride with a nice drop. I'd go to Stechs (springs) or Ksports (coilovers). I had both and they're pretty comparable to stock