Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

It happened....! My car got hit!!!! F Redlight runners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default It happened....! My car got hit!!!! F Redlight runners!!!

From the start.... It was NOT my fault in any way. The ****ing old _____ ran a red light!! She was driving a 2009 Buick Enclave, she's a retired school teacher!
Anyways, There are 2 lanes of traffic going north I was in the far right lane and it's moving slow I'm 5 cars back before the redlight. The left lane was moving fine. I get to the intersection and the light is still green, I get stopped because of the stupid cars in front of me just up and stop for whatever reason. I look up and the light is changing from green to yellow. I then put my left signal on, turn my wheels look in my side mirror and turn my head and look behind me. It's clear I slowly pull out from a dead stop and BAM!! 30-45MPH the lady slams into the side of my car, I push my horn (loud train horns) Because i'm ____ed. She didn't brake, she didn't swerve (the left lane was a turn lane to get off the road and no one was in the lane) She didn't even blow her horn! You know why she didn't do any of that? Because she wasn't ****ing paying attention and hit me! Anyone that's paying attention would clearly swerve to miss, brake or blow their horn out of natural reaction!!!
Then after she hits me, she turns into the center turn lane. Which show's she's completley stupid instead of getting off the main road on the right. 3 cars pass by us and get into the turn lane at the redlight, and then a car pulls into the turn lane facing her even tho she's going towards the opposite direction. So she's blocking all this traffic. I get out very ____ed and approach her yelling and screaming telling her "it's her fault that she ran the red light!" She said "No I didn't" I said "YOU RAN THE REDLIGHT!!!!" She then says "it was yellow" I again said "You rain the RED LIGHT!!" She then tells me "I have good insurance, don't worry about it" So I felt that right there admitted she was in the wrong, if not you'd just say I have insurance. So I go back to my car and call 911, and the police come and tell us to move to the right of the road into a parking lot. I told them I just followed her here cause I didn't know if she was going to leave or what?!
We get over to the parking lot and the cop gives us a paper for statements and our insurance info on another paper to swap. The lady's husband shows up and just stares at me and my girlfriend, just staring us down. I guess she told him i blew up on her or whutever. Neither her or him come talk to us. The cop talks to us both separate and then when he's talking to me for a 2nd time as I'm trying to get my mirror off so it doesn't bang against the side of my car (hanging by the wires) He brings me a ticket for "failure to signal for a lane change" I told him I'm not trying to be out of the way or anything but "did you not understand when I said I did signal?" He told me because I didn't put the signal on 100feet before turning and he had to give me the ticket" I told him thats fine, I just wanted to make sure thigns were clear and correct so it doesn't come back on me in the end. He said no worries, and I sign it. (He said it's not an admission of guilt) I told him I'm 100% right because I was moving to get out of the intersection and she runs the red light and hits me. She failed to stop. (even tho she didn't try to) Overall, the cop was very nice and helpful. I shook his hand 3 times before leaving. I
When he goes to leave for the last time He's walking passed me again from finally talking to them once again as I'm leaned in my driver window taking the mirror lose since it broke at the base. He leans down on the passenger side to tlak to me through the car, and said " I know you probaby don't like me and hate my guts right now." I was shocked!? I asked him why does he thinik that? He said because he gave me a ticket. I told him that I did not want him thinking I was mad at him or anythign!! It was completely not his fault and that I wasn't mad at all, and he was very helpful! I was just pouring out my expression that I wasn't angry or anything because I completely understand and I'm not even that mad because I know it wasn't my fault. Surprisingly I'm not as mad as I said I would get when some stupid ****ing person hits my damn car. But I did blow up on her about it and I would be more mad about the situation if it were my fault. But it's not my fault at all, because I looked and there were ZERO cars anywhere in the left lane and she is in such a hurry she runs the light and hits me!!
Anyways, I have to get a copy of the report in 2-3 days, and contact my insurance. She's going to pay for everything because she's 100% at fault, and it easily can be seen! She had the last chance to avoid the collision by swerving, braking or trying to alert me that she's about to ****ing plow into me! I was going 2mph because i just pulled out from being completely stopped!
My insurance better not go up because I didn't cause the wreck, I was moving out of the intersection when she runs the light and hits me.
I'm not sure if the redlight had cameras or not, the cop said those things were sensors when I asked him. (he wasn't sure, it took him afew seconds to give me an answer). I think the sensors are on top of the poles and the thing that's hanging right beside the redlight is the camera, I could be wrong.
Any comments or info I should know ahead of time. I'll draw a diagram to show how it was. But she only got my fender and driver mirror, and the front bumper. Her damage is from her front bumper down the side of her passenger door.

** I Rotated the images, but these stupid image hosting isn't displaying them correctly **

Old 11-22-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay...first off...glad you're okay and sorry this had to happen to you. next...there is no way that is a 30-45 mph collision. cars would have way more damage than that. next, it is illegal to change lanes when going through an intersection. last, that'll buff right out.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Your not funny
and 2. I was at a dead stop and had to get out of the intersection. No different as if I got stuck on train tracks because the vehicles in front of me did not pull up far enough, so I had to change lanes to get out of the intersection.

That doesn't give her the ____ing right to run the redlight and hit me!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn man i would do the same thing except blow up on her husband too for trying to act all hard hahaha, the cameras i think record all the time, like when u get ur pic taken, it has 12 secs before and 12 secs of recording after the photo...if ur lucky they might b able to pull it up
Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wasn't trying to be funny dude, just trying to tell you that you have fudged some of the numbers there. when i hit a deer going exactly 40 mph (i absolutely could not get a single ticket at the time), the damage to my tC's fender was worse than yours. the fender was collapsed down to the tire, headlight was busted bumper was cracked etc. and that is hitting a deer. i understand you were stopped, but if the car would have hit you at 30-45 mph, damage would be much worse.

now then, where was this lady going? was she northbound too? was she in the left lane going through the intersection in the same direction that you were? are you saying that on this road, there were two lanes on the northbound side, you were in the right, which goes straight through the intersection, while the left lane is a left turn only lane, and she should not have gone through at that point?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know if the red lights had cameras tho, I'm going to check. I didn't speak with either of them after we moved into the parking lot. All I know is she is 100% at fault. So all I want is the money to fix it and I fix it myself. I will NOT let anyone touch my car, I did all the work and I'll fix everything or I'll use my own money if insurance won't give me the check.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by layedoutxa
I don't know if the red lights had cameras tho, I'm going to check. I didn't speak with either of them after we moved into the parking lot. All I know is she is 100% at fault. So all I want is the money to fix it and I fix it myself. I will NOT let anyone touch my car, I did all the work and I'll fix everything or I'll use my own money if insurance won't give me the check.
chances of that happening are pretty slim dude. the insurance company will not pay you to fix your own car. it is a huge conflict of interest.

at best, the only deal you could work out is, you get the damage estimate from a shop or claims adjustor, and they'll cut you a check for it, BUT if you come across more damage once you take parts and such off, they'll be skeptical about writing you another check.

the damage looks very minor and cosmetic, and most likely, you can pick any body shop you want, or on their approved list, and get it done while driving a rental car. and the shop has to warranty the repair for the life of the car.

i know you're probably really stressed and angry, but just calm down and stop trying to make the situation more difficult than it has to be.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:39 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MS paint pictures would be good for the diagram...
Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Oh, FYI, those little things on the light poles next to the red lights are called opticons. They're sensors for emergency vehicles which will force the light to change green for approaching emergency vehicles. (you've probably seen them with either a solid or blinking white light when there's an ambulance on a call or whatever nearby)
Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Meh... My little bro did more damage to my taurus backing it out of the garage and hitting the wall.

Name:  witness-this-epic-thread.gif
Views: 28
Size:  4.1 KB
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will be honest with you OP, i skipped your life story and went straight to the pictures. Least your ok
Old 11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

x2 Domo!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:12 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Oh, FYI, those little things on the light poles next to the red lights are called opticons. They're sensors for emergency vehicles which will force the light to change green for approaching emergency vehicles. (you've probably seen them with either a solid or blinking white light when there's an ambulance on a call or whatever nearby)
i know which ones he's talking about they are sensors to change the light since theres no sensors in the pavement... if they were red light cameras they would be lot lot bigger with a nikon D40 in 'em...
Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have read the whole story.. i thought the car is in pieces.. then i saw that the only major thing happened to the car is the mirror and the fender...
i feel your pain.. i bumped someone going really slow and the insurance paid almost 4000 dollar for the shop who fixed my car.. of course my insurance is double as much was before...
Old 11-22-2009, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
chances of that happening are pretty slim dude. the insurance company will not pay you to fix your own car. it is a huge conflict of interest.

at best, the only deal you could work out is, you get the damage estimate from a shop or claims adjustor, and they'll cut you a check for it, BUT if you come across more damage once you take parts and such off, they'll be skeptical about writing you another check.

the damage looks very minor and cosmetic, and most likely, you can pick any body shop you want, or on their approved list, and get it done while driving a rental car. and the shop has to warranty the repair for the life of the car.

i know you're probably really stressed and angry, but just calm down and stop trying to make the situation more difficult than it has to be.

Understood. I'd be happy to just get the money to cover the fender and "paint" I'm not looking to get any extra from it. Just what it'd take to fix what I have now and do it myself. I'm going to either do carbon fiber fenders and a carbon fiber hood or I dunno exactly lol.

But I know it's not that big of a deal, but the car was finished and now I've got to fix the mess she caused and I guess I'm just gonna sand the whole car down and flat white it. Because the stripe isn't going to match the new fenders and the paint will never match right anyhow.

I just dread having to do the work on what was already perfect. But if the insurance works out fine, then I guess I won't stress doing more work again.

thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

showing her car as it blows through the red light and keeps going. I got hit, I didn't slam into her car, she slammed into mine. I believe the last person who could have avoided the collision is at fault!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

could of been avoided
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Patience is a virtue...
Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedneckwithanxB
Patience is a virtue...

Are you thinking I was trying to change lanes to move faster?
No. I was changing lanes to get out of the intersection since I was stuck in it because the traffic in front of me stopped dead as I was in the intersection. So I was doing the right thing by moving out of the intersection to allow the other cars to go through.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

All Im saying is that had you waited the enclave (weither it ran the light or not, I dont care) would have gone by you, you were in the intersection, so there would have been no fault on your shoulders (as far as red light running goes) and your ish wouldnt be torn up, personally I think that you deserve it, after all, I mean you do come up with wonderful threads here and have been corrected before, (and Ill cite the thread at the bottom of this post) But I think that my dog could have avoided the crash (not accident, but a crash) better than your futile attempt

Your other thread, where I personally had to post 3 times what your problem was and what you needed to do to fix it, before you reveled to the world that it was a blown fuse gifted to you by some magical genie, after being told to check them, and you posted that you did.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165311

This is me, when it comes to you...

Quick Reply: It happened....! My car got hit!!!! F Redlight runners!!!