Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

It happened....! My car got hit!!!! F Redlight runners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No wonder no one visits this forum anymore, most are too stupid. So whatever. I don't care what any of you think, I'm glad you wish bad upon others because your useless.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, what you were talking about in the other thread, if your not too ignorant to understand what I said.

I did check the ____ing fuses! None were blown, I didn't think a fuse was missing and placed in a different place. I didn't have the diagram to go by because I had taken the sticker off the panel and placed it in a folder to keep at later reference. If the fuses weren't blown you wouldn't think the issue is a fuse.

So your so smart we all give you credit. Sure.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

1. no one comes here anymore because of threads like this one, where stupidity > helpfulness
2. unless your vehicle was specially manufactured with a sticker for the fuse locations, they all are embossed into the plastic
3. Goodnight and God bless, God bless the fact that we dont live in the same state as I would never pull either of my cars out of the garage for fear that you still have a drivers license
4. ^ what he said
Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

both parties are at fault here

end of story
Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

bbbbbbbbbbooooooom
Old 11-22-2009, 11:57 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedneckwithanxB
2. unless your vehicle was specially manufactured with a sticker for the fuse locations, they all are embossed into the plastic

Yea, and if you would read instead of seeing what you'd want.

You would remember I cut a 2" hole in the plastic cover for my air gauge! dumbass
Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, sounds to me like you didn't check you're blindspot before changing lanes. the light may have been yellow, but if she was coming through at speed, and didn't have time to stop before the intersection, she should have gone through it. you changed into her lane.

now look, yes, you were in the intersection, and the light was yellow, BUT do you think that the light for the cross traffic was going to turn green, and the first car there was going to just floor it and plow into you? no, they might get ____ed off and annoyed, but you were stuck, nothing you could do due to the traffic in front of you.

now, instead of wasting time blaming everybody but yourself, take some time to reflect on how this whole situation could have been avoided if you had waiting just a couple of seconds. just a couple of seconds.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In some states like NY it is a ticketable offense to block an intersection like where he got stuck. It is VERY likely that she was traveling at a much HIGHER rate of speed than she admitted and had braked to slow down to about 40mph, you may not have see her coming. Is it possible that she was behind you and changed lanes as you did and ended up hitting you? Also in most states the car in front has the right of way and the car doing the hitting from behind is at fault. The ticket violation however also puts fault on you to some degree - had I know this when I got hit by a guy crossing three lanes with his blinker on to make an illegal turn across the median I would have had a clear case in coart but because he was in front of me he had right of way even though he hit the right side of my front fender. As far as the ticket goes check the law on changing lanes when stopped as there may be something that covers that like not distance but time since you can't signal a lane change 100 feet ahead of time if you are not moving.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only reason I was changing lanes was to do the right thing. I thought I was doing the best thing possible to get out of the intersection. (plus I thought the intersection had redlight cameras so I didn't want a ticket) Which the cop says he doesn't believe it has cameras.

There wasn't a blind spot besides her not being in site at all, because I didn't just look in my side mirror, I turned my head around all the way and looked out my rear window to be sure. I do think she may have been in the same lane as me and then pulled out into the left lane also after I already looked and then she tried to beat the red light.

I understand the ticket, I'm not upset about it. The cop said don't worry about the ticket it's not even a big deal but he had to ticket me for it. Which was not signaling 100feet before making a lane change. Which damned if I do, damned if I don't. Because I was at a dead stop and couldn't signal 100feet later. But it is what it is.

I do hope the issue about the car in front has the right away, since I was and she was the one that hit my car.

But thanks for the info Jan06xB and draxcaliber.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

judging by the picture that you made, i'd say it's leaning more towards your fault. why would you be sticking out in the middle of the street anyways even if you're 1~3 feet past the intersection. it would be wise just to wait at the previous street light and wait until the car ahead of your moves ahead so your car can fit without blocking the intersection? rushing and tail gating the car in front of you wont get you past the intersection man.. relax, be patient and wait until you have room to move up.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by layedoutxa
Yea, and if you would read instead of seeing what you'd want.

You would remember I cut a 2" hole in the plastic cover for my air gauge! dumbass
Then you should have grown some ***** and cut into the top of your dash, or do what I did, and mount it near the shifter in the cup holder since no one eats or drinks in my car, did you not stop to think "Hey, this may be important at some point in time"

You sir, and your thread, are proof that Darwin was WRONG
Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nguyenerrs
judging by the picture that you made, i'd say it's leaning more towards your fault. why would you be sticking out in the middle of the street anyways even if you're 1~3 feet past the intersection. it would be wise just to wait at the previous street light and wait until the car ahead of your moves ahead so your car can fit without blocking the intersection? rushing and tail gating the car in front of you wont get you past the intersection man.. relax, be patient and wait until you have room to move up.

I wasn't tailgating, but I was in the middle of the intersection if not a little more over. I had almost made it completely through the intersection until the cars in front of me stop dead for whatever reason.

Again, I won't address the jealous idiot that keeps posting in my threads.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

ouch
Old 11-23-2009, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

layedoutxa,

I'm so sorry you got hit; I'm liable to get mad at someone if they look at my car wrong, much less run into it. I get into that type of traffic situation on the way home from work in Charlotte, NC traffic, all the time. And yes, while you were in fact doing the right thing by trying to get out of the intersection, the whole thing could have been avoided if you hadn't pulled through the intersection in the first place (which doesn't matter really, because you pulled through, so that point was no longer an option).

I guess I'd be mad if I were you because getting hit is never fun, regardless of whose fault it is. And too, just be glad you didn't slide over and hit the guy in the lane you were trying to get out of. All in all, sorry it happened, but it could have
been a lot worse.

~Amanda
Old 11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup I know where you are coming from and in an xA that is lowered a little it makes it hard to see over the cars in front of you to see why and if traffic comes to a sudden halt. I hate when that happens! Being in an xB does give a little more height to view forward but with the xB's higher sides I have problems seeing where a curb is on turns in parking lots and such - thank god for remote control rear view mirrors! Years ago I was in the right lane of a two lane road with hundreds of feet of cars behind me all stopped for a school bus and somehow a car came flying up between all the stopped cars and wacked my left rear fender trim a little then stopped about 50 feet in front of me passing the stopped school bus on the other side of the road. I couldn't figure out where he came from either!
There is no way that 100 foot lane change law could apply in this situation unless they expect you to back up 100 feet first then signal? She must have been flying from behind you in your lane or maybe even pulled out from a road or parking lot? Maybe you could find out if it gets to coart.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

as one person stated back home where I am from in NYC your action get you a ticket...but anyone who has been driving a while knows not to block intersections.... or so I thought... anyone at least your not dead and you can you can fix your car.....so all is good
Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really hate ppl who block intersections no matter what for any reasons why soon as that light turns green i'm going
Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member

From the pics the impatient Scion driver was at fault for sure.