Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

quick hello and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default quick hello and a few questions

Hi everyone,

First I should probably just introduce myself since this is my first post. My name's casey and I put a deposit down on an indigo ink pearl xA last week. I'm getting a manual transmission, so they had to order it. I've been looking around at parts, and am at the point where I could use a bit of guidance.

I want to add a few extra touches to my Scion, but don't plan on going overboard (my money tree only has a few branches).

I'd love to get a new hood. I love the intake on the C-one, but wouldn't spend that much money on something just for looks. Can anyone recommend another similar hood (or a completely different one) for a more reasonable price?

I've also been looking around at new wheels. I'm not a big fan of the stock rims/hub caps whatever you want to call them... Probably would go for 16's or 17's. Will the handling difference be noticable just going up an inch or two? If so, would I be in la-la land to hope to get new wheels/tires for under $1000?

Finally, does anyone have a recommendation of places I could look around for parts? I looked on the parts link in the features drop-down, saw a few things I liked.

Thanks for all of your patience, I'm new to Scions and wanted to ask for a push in the right direction before I got myself lost :D

Thank you for your input and/or tolerance of my know-nothingness

P.S. If anyone has any general advice for anything that I haven't issued, its very welcome.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

"I want to add a few extra touches to my Scion, but don't plan on going overboard............"

HAHA--famous last words.

Keep checking out this site any you will get a lot of ideas and advise on parts and mods. Good luck with your xA!!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can see exactly what you mean, fortunately I don't have enough money to go crazy with things... otherwise I'd probably have enough leftover stock parts that I removed that I could build a new xA.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

You've probably already seen some of this, but here are some websites that I've used for parts.

www.trdsparks.com for dealer options.

www.intensepower.com a scionlife sponsor for my exhaust even thought they didn't have it listed on their website I got the rs-r exmag gtII from them. Great service and quick shipping. They've got some good prices on hotchkis suspension parts would have bought my hotchkis from them, but I had already ordered somewhere else before I found them.

parts4less2 on ebay for factory fog lights

www.mach1car.com for my dc sports carbon steel strut brace for $99 shipped.

d and l sponsored sales section for the redline hood damper for $84 shipped.

scionxfactor for clear corners

www.partshippers.com another scionlife sponsor for the progress rear sway, it deffinitely makes a difference.

Hope that some of that may help you save some money.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Leroy, the more options the better
Old 08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey congrats on your new xa you will love it. thats what i have, i waited 6 weeks for it but it was well worth it. as far as a hood, go to www.motorfx.com, they have alot of carbon fiber parts for xa's and are reasonably priced. also injen and AEM make great exhausts for the xa.