2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

2006 xA is up on Scion.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2006 xA is up on Scion.com

If you really want to know what the 2006 xA is all about, go check it out now at Scion.com. Pay special attention to the exterior changes (duh), the new wheel covers, and the new dash. By the way Scion, great job on the tail light and fog light redesign. Much better.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

www.scion.com for the lazy.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think if anyone is fence sitting on the idea of getting an xA the decision should be made by now. It looks aven better.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mill0048
I think if anyone is fence sitting on the idea of getting an xA the decision should be made by now. It looks aven better.
Is that a hint or something
Old 08-02-2005, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The '06 xA uses the tC turn side mirrors. Does the side mirror fold? The turn signal on the side mirror is very Euro-ish so I dig it. BTW, the '06 Toyota iST doesn't have the tC side mirrors. I have to see the Salsa Red in person. Too dark from the pics.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Wow, I looks awesome!

I want those side view mirrors on my RS2.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd like to update the SCION xA I have for sale. Does anyone know if the front grill, headlights and tail lights are interchangeable with the 2004 SCION xA?
Old 08-02-2005, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member

taillights and front bumper are a HUGE improvement!

mmm... xA...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to help out a bit, I grabbed three of the shots:

Old 08-02-2005, 11:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

taillights look like crap.
they should have cherry'ed the whole thing.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DANGIT!!!! Every time I see an '06, it reminds me of how much I want a VOLUME ****!!! As for the rest of the car, I like my '05 every bit as much.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like the xA's horsepower is no longer 108. Because of the new tests they ran on the engine, it lowered it down to 103hp and 105 ft of torque.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
DANGIT!!!! Every time I see an '06, it reminds me of how much I want a VOLUME ****!!! As for the rest of the car, I like my '05 every bit as much.
What us 2004-2005 owners of xAs and xBs can hope for, Matt, is that EVERYONE who orders a 2006 and doesn't want the stock head unit orders it with the free radio anyway, so they can sell it kinda cheap to those of us who want a **** instead of the safety-hazard buttons to control the volume.

Let's see, you got it free, you don't want it, so how 'bout $50 plus shipping, eh? It's $50 you didn't have before. :D
Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hey Sucka
Looks like the xA's horsepower is no longer 108. Because of the new tests they ran on the engine, it lowered it down to 103hp and 105 ft of torque.
NOO!!! We need MORE HP not less! How was the recent test they ran different than the old one that said 108hp? Scion should just make a more powerful engine optional.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I must be the only one that's not that excited over this. I don't really care for the new ones, and it's probably because I'm already really happy with the one I got in April. The switching of greys makes me kind of wonder, as the new flint mica looks more gunmetal but I'm so content right now.
ugh. Who really wants to do a trade in and deal with more interest rated payments?

oh and ^^^^^ It's not about the horsepower, it's also about the torque.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iyzmi
Originally Posted by Hey Sucka
NOO!!! We need MORE HP not less! How was the recent test they ran different than the old one that said 108hp? Scion should just make a more powerful engine optional.
i agree...only if they would equip it with the corolla's engine. This is taken from the scion website about the decline of HP...

The Society of Automotive Engineers revised Standard J1349, which sets forth the protocol for testing horsepower and torque as of the first of this year. One purpose of the change was to try to achieve more consistent ratings throughout the industry. California requires that advertised horsepower claims be determined using the SAE Standard. The revision specifies that certain equipment be installed on the engine and operating at the time of testing, as well as the use of the manufacturer required grade of fuel during the test. Presumably, all manufacturers will be using the revised Standard for future tests.
Toyota decided to retest most of its engines using the new protocol this year. Consequently, the horsepower and torque ratings for many of our vehicles declined this year. Any changes in horsepower and torque ratings based on the implementation of the new testing protocol, however, have no impact on actual engine performance.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
Originally Posted by mill0048
Is that a hint or something
I've always liked the xA, but the only two things that kept me from getting it (cause I feel aside from these two things, the xA is a better deal) were interior space/capacity and oddball styling of the xB.

Oh, and I want a volume **** too...
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lalagimp
The switching of greys makes me kind of wonder, as the new flint mica looks more gunmetal but I'm so content right now.
At first I was thinking to get either indigo ink pearl or phantom grey. But when they announced that phantom grey was going to be pulled. My mind was set on indigo. Until i saw the flint mica color on the xA when i test drove it. In my opinion the color is stunning. I really love the sparkles it has in the paint.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks as though they parts binned with the tC, i.e. side mirrors, steering wheel and head unit. I could be wrong.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Originally Posted by matt_a
What us 2004-2005 owners of xAs and xBs can hope for, Matt, is that EVERYONE who orders a 2006 and doesn't want the stock head unit orders it with the free radio anyway, so they can sell it kinda cheap to those of us who want a **** instead of the safety-hazard buttons to control the volume.

Let's see, you got it free, you don't want it, so how 'bout $50 plus shipping, eh? It's $50 you didn't have before. :D
That's a very good point, Tomas. Does the '06 unit come in a 6-disc changer version? That's what I have (got it for free by accident ) I'd be willing to give up the disc changer ability, but I'd miss the color change. I have my cupholders, stereo, and "oven" in blue.

Quick Reply: 2006 xA is up on Scion.com