2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

does my car will loose extended warranty if i put

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default does my car will loose extended warranty if i put

does the car loose extended warranty if i lower it by putting aftermarket spring thanks
Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Warranties are a tricky thing. Generally, no aftermarket part will void a factory warranty unless the aftermarket part damages the vehicle. It is up to the dealer to prove it. That being said, I'm having a bad experience with the factory warranty regarding an intake, so from my experience, if aftermarket parts exist, they will try to pin problems on them and then it is up to you to prove they DIDN'T cause the issue. I'm now in arbitration, Scion corporate never even sent out an independant inspector, they just used the dealer inspection report to deny coverage.

You should be pretty safe with springs, the only things I could see them directly affecting is the suspension, possibly your wheels, and remotely the brakes or drivetrain. Don't expect a suspension issue to be covered unless you have good evidence the springs or install didn't cause the problem, the rest should be pretty safe. You may want to talk to your servicing dealer and hopefully get something in writing if you're worried.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

In regards to your intake its actually up the the dealor to prove your intake caused the problem. The burden is on them. If you dont get new struts and you lowered your car dont go to the dealorship saying they are shot for no reason.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55338
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dispatcher138
In regards to your intake its actually up the the dealor to prove your intake caused the problem. The burden is on them. If you dont get new struts and you lowered your car dont go to the dealorship saying they are shot for no reason.
See https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...814&highlight=

In the dealer's mind, they linked it to hydrolock from the intake so they think they proved it. If it was raining and I didn't have a bypass valve, I'd suck it up and do my own repairs. Only problem is that the road was dry, with no puddles or standing water when it broke. Kind of hard to hydrolock without H2O. Sorry to thread jack, but even though the dealer has to prove cause, if they pull BS like this there is little recourse but arbitration or legal action. I'm currently in arbitration (free through the National Center for Dispute Settlement), hopefully they finally listen to me.

I'm just saying know that putting on aftermarket parts gives the dealer the chance to put together some cause and effect BS story if they are so inclined; they even consider the TRD intake "aftermarket".
Old 03-21-2008, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks guy
Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
SL Member

it is all regarding to the terms in the warranty contract.
some parts that attached to the car would void when some will not if not modding the engine.