FAQ RS 1.0 - Absolutely Red [xA]

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Smoke20Scion
I can't wait till the car comes and someone get's it and post pictures. I want to see how bright the red actually is, it looks pretty bright on the scion website.
I believe it's the same red as the Solara...celica..?
Old 08-03-2004, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, I didn't know that.
I thought they might have made a new mix of red, since it was going to be a limited edition car, such as the Hot Lava paint color was made for the limited Xb.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Smoke20Scion
Oh, I didn't know that.
I thought they might have made a new mix of red, since it was going to be a limited edition car, such as the Hot Lava paint color was made for the limited Xb.
The Hot Lava xB color is the same as the bB's Orange Metallic (which is a stock color).
Old 08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Absolute Red is the color name, same color on the IS300
Old 08-04-2004, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

Default Getting an xA RS

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, but had to join up to get in touch with the Scion crowd. I just put a down payment on an RS xA at Advantage Toyota-Scion in Barboursville, WV. As someone said in an earlier post...this is the hard part. The waiting. They tell me the end of August. Wonder if I could meet it in Jersey and get it a few days earlier?

I'm hoping to post pictures when I get it. I'm guessing it'll be up here with all the other pictures of the RS. ;)

I can't wait to start driving this thing. I loved the test drive. I just happened to be in the market for a gas sipper and wandered into the Scion dealer at the perfect time. Looking forward to being a proud owner of a new Scion. (My first new car BTW) Talk to you all soon!

~~Sel
Old 08-04-2004, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Getting an xA RS

Originally Posted by SelmerMKVI
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, but had to join up to get in touch with the Scion crowd. I just put a down payment on an RS xA at Advantage Toyota-Scion in Barboursville, WV. As someone said in an earlier post...this is the hard part. The waiting. They tell me the end of August. Wonder if I could meet it in Jersey and get it a few days earlier?

I'm hoping to post pictures when I get it. I'm guessing it'll be up here with all the other pictures of the RS. ;)

I can't wait to start driving this thing. I loved the test drive. I just happened to be in the market for a gas sipper and wandered into the Scion dealer at the perfect time. Looking forward to being a proud owner of a new Scion. (My first new car BTW) Talk to you all soon!

~~Sel
Congrats and welcome...if you need anything for your NEW ride check out my SIGNATURE...peace
Old 08-05-2004, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I called my scion dealer about the RS1 xA and he said he ahd to pull up the paint codes for it and give me a date....

Im not even old enogh to drive and( I will be getting a leaners permitt in sept)
I love this car in this color with the sunroof and seats...

I also like that i can get one 4 about 14,400......

But Did u guys kno that a Dealer called SE toyota was painting xBs and selling them as RS1 xBs!!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default for real? hotlava color?

are they painting them hot lava color ? what are they using for # badges?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

As far as I know, they're all "Absolutely Red" and I haven't seen a picture of the badges. Anyone know what the individual numbers will look like? I'm curious too!

~~Sel
Old 08-11-2004, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gurwadd
Originally Posted by bahamut_zero
Anyone have any luck preferencin' or ordering one of the limited edition xA's yet?

Are you dealers taking orders for them yet? Deposits?
Just placed my deposit here in SLC, they are preferencin' Monday, and I should know by Friday if I got the one with the factory installed options I'm looking for. My dealer called his regional sales rep to find out what the deal was (he wasn't aware that it was going to be released this soon) and the sales rep told him that each dealer will only be getting one, larger markets (Ca, etc) may get more per dealer but he couldn't be more specific.

So now I'm just waiting on my 2005 RS 1.0 XA, with side airbags. There are only 5 Scion dealers in Utah, so by that logic I'll be getting one of only 5 in the state.

Now for the hardest part... waiting.
Didn't come on this allocation, next apperantly, should know in a week (The anticipation is killing me). Anybody else notice the MSRP on the package changed at http://www.scion.com/xa_release_series from $1395 to "package price coming soon", looks like they are going to raise the price on us.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bahamut_zero
Anyone have any luck preferencin' or ordering one of the limited edition xA's yet?

Are you dealers taking orders for them yet? Deposits?
Just placed my deposit here in SLC, they are preferencin' Monday, and I should know by Friday if I got the one with the factory installed options I'm looking for. My dealer called his regional sales rep to find out what the deal was (he wasn't aware that it was going to be released this soon) and the sales rep told him that each dealer will only be getting one, larger markets (Ca, etc) may get more per dealer but he couldn't be more specific.

So now I'm just waiting on my 2005 RS 1.0 XA, with side airbags. There are only 5 Scion dealers in Utah, so by that logic I'll be getting one of only 5 in the state.

Now for the hardest part... waiting.
Didn't come on this allocation, next apperantly, should know in a week (The anticipation is killing me). Anybody else notice the MSRP on the package changed at http://www.scion.com/xa_release_series from $1395 to "package price coming soon", looks like they are going to raise the price on us.
damn that would suck...plus i talked to the guys at Longo today, and they told me to expect the car in November????

anyone know whats goin on here???
Old 08-14-2004, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member

Default No side airbags...

Hey All...

I placed a "preference" with my dealer for a new RS 1.0 xA last week, and I just got a call from him saying that they just found out that there aren't going to be any with side airbags made!

I guess I just have to do without them. Hopefully I won't ever get into an accident where it would have been good to have them anyway! :D
Old 08-14-2004, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: No side airbags...

Originally Posted by jmp867
Hey All...

I placed a "preference" with my dealer for a new RS 1.0 xA last week, and I just got a call from him saying that they just found out that there aren't going to be any with side airbags made!

I guess I just have to do without them. Hopefully I won't ever get into an accident where it would have been good to have them anyway! :D
That is odd seeing that the RS 1.0 is just like a added option. I dont see why they cant add it in? Maybe someone else could shed some light on this.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member

Having taken a good look at the RS1.0 pics on the website, I have to ask...

Am I the only one who thinks the stock grill looks better than the sport grill?
Old 08-17-2004, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Funderbunk
Nope... I agree. However I still ordered one. :D I guess we'll see how it looks in person.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jmp867
Originally Posted by Funderbunk
Nope... I agree. However I still ordered one. :D I guess we'll see how it looks in person.
is it true it wont be available til november?
Old 08-19-2004, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

I've placed a deposit on one last week. I was told it should be in mid to late Sep.
I was told the price for the package was $1395. However I've heard roomers that the new price was $2200. Anybody else know anything?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member

The price of $2200 is correct. Scion has added 17" Enkei wheels with Yokohama Avid H4S tires to the RS package.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by txscionguy
The price of $2200 is correct. Scion has added 17" Enkei wheels with Yokohama Avid H4S tires to the RS package.
anybody got pics of the wheels...anyway...id rather get a stock color and do a repaint for 2200....imma get better wheels anyway...maybe ill just take my dep and buy a normal one and flip it out....

the beauty of these cars is the bare concept and blank canvas...why all of a sudden these weaka$$ options are comming with the car?... i think its dumb!!!

i just might have to take my deposit back and just get a regular xA
Old 08-20-2004, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Here's the latest info I have. My dealer says the price is still around $1400 for the package. There is the possibility that other dealers are adding options, such as wheels, and pricing their RS1.0's accordingly. Is this whats happening?

If the price is around $1400 its a good deal. An aftermarket sunroof for and XB is $1500. With the RS1.0 you also get the rear spoiler (list for $385) and you get traction control and ABS. I could only guess what that would cost if it was an option on the XA. So it's not just the color or the grill you get with the package. How many of you would spend $1500 for a factory sunroof if you had the option?

By the way. The 17"Enkei's list as an option for $1650. So even if you have to pay $2200 with the wheels its a good price. 2200 - 1400 = 800 for a set of 17's.
Not bad.

Quick Reply: FAQ RS 1.0 - Absolutely Red [xA]