Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

IIP xA is...ahem...FINALLY here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default IIP xA is...ahem...FINALLY here.

After first placing my order on May 30th, and having been given the run-around on it's status about four times as well as being told completely inaccurate timeframes for delivery, etc I have now driven my xA. I got it with 4 miles on it yesterday and already I've put about 70 miles on it just driving around on the highway. Oh, and since I'm used to being in (automatic) trucks or vans, 100mph sounds as smooth as silk. You people who complain about road noise need to try driving something a little less expensive for once. The xA sounds like a purring kitten and there is just about no road noise. It's beautiful.

It's the beginning of a beautiful friendship... or affair; the girlfriend is already jealous of my new baby which just got her first wash (more like a rinse to get the dust off) today. I need to go out to the store and get some car soap and wax.

Speaking of car wash, can somebody please recommend good car wash and wax to use on my car to preserve the paint?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

what are your future plans?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I use Meguire's NXT Wax and Car wash on my vehicles. They work well, but I'm sure there are alot of good brands. The NXT wax is easier to apply than some products I've used (it's easier to wipe off).

Just don't use dish soap like Dawn or something.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Better watch out these xA's are tricky girls. I lost my girlfriend because she was so jealous of my xA.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My first few things would be to add all of the "dealer" options that I wanted. I already paid for the window tinting, that was a little over $200, like $260. I'm buying a spoiler and having the dealer install that. I will be installing all other options myself, such as fog lights, mud flaps, etc.

Modifications from stock (not necessarly in order):
1. 35% Side; 25% Back Tinting
2. Mudflaps
3. AS806 Security System
4. Spoiler
5. Ground effects
6. Tein H-Tech lowering springs
7. 17" Wheels (18" possibly, might be too rough for our roads though)
8. 110v AC Inverter, 800 watt built into the bumper.
9. Rostra Cruse Control (RF Hopefully)

Speaking of the Rostra cruse control, does anybody have pictures of it installed showing where it is on the steering collumn? I'm thinking I want to spend the extra money to get the RF cruise control (saves me from drilling holes in my collumn) because I don't want my knee to bump the handle. Does anybody have pictures of the RF module? How does it attach to the steering collumn?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a thread in the Scion xB Owners Thread right now on the cruise control units with some information on the RF units and some pictures. I'll try to post the link, but I'm not sure if this will actually work:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127303

I personally didn't like the look of the RF unit. It looked more aftermarket than the stalk on the steering column. However, the stalk isn't in an ideal location (if installed per the directions) and can be kind of close to your knees. However, some guy installed it in a slightly different place than the instructions indicate, and it looks like it would be much more out of the way.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to get a picture of the steering column control. I don't like it, and would like to get an RF module and mod the steering wheel to put the controls opposite the audio buttons in the same fashion. Just a wanna-do, not a high chance of being a will-do.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good idea placing it opposite the audio controls, makes it even on both sides. I can't afford the cruise right now anyway, I'm still hurting from licencing and security system. (Got a custom licence plate with my nickname)
Old 08-02-2006, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

hey, nice

enjoy