Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Loving my xA

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Loving my xA

I got my Scion xA two weeks ago. It was quite a wait for it and well I'm happy with a Silver xA. I've been driving a lot lately and it didn't take me long to get the engine to break in. I'm at 1004 and it took me 2 weeks to do so. Ever since I've been driving a lot lately, I have to refill the tank about every 4 days. I wonder if this is an issue for some of you out there who drive a lot. I'm trying ot figure out how much mileage I got.

With the purchase, I got a few freebies. I got the free 9 months Sirius Satelite radio. I have a quesiton about it for the people who did got this bonus when they bought their car, do we get ALL the stations or we just get a few stations as a sample for 9 months?

I have future plans for my car, but right now, I'm on a tight budget and I'm working hard whilst going to school at the same time so I wont be able to add anything to my car for a while.

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scn0717el3.jpg
Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome to the Scion family!! Mileage depends on how you drive. I would think you should get 30-35 MPG once the car is broken in. (Soon in your case) You should be getting all of the Sirius stations for the trial period.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

There's that darn box again! ^

Welcome! Glad you picked a great car

And as far as doing things to your car, there's tons of stuff to do while on a cheap budget, or without a budget!

I myself don't have a job, and have been trying to stretch 400 dollars till I get another (yikes!), but adding some cathodes to my grab handles only cost 40 bucks, and look cool and are a nice piece to show off!

Just take a look around the Tech section, there's tons of how-to's that won't cost a lot of money.

Have fun rockin' the xA.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My '06 xA has 223 miles and the mileage is not bad considering I do chinese fooooo deliveries. I get about 30-33mpg and it's all red lights because of the street racing history in this area. But that's because I super granny it. Shift at 2500rpm sometimes 2000rpm and skip 4th gear all the time. Coast to stops. I don't engine brake too lazy. But yea you can see mine's not even broken in, so mpg's all up to you.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad you're enjoying your xA, and a nice choice in color too! Can I ask where you purchased yours?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice pick. i have the same color/year and all, cept i added tint/spoiler and entry. i love it. i love your caps too... mine suck compared to yours... but that wont last long... rims are in the not-so-distant future!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all your replies guys. It's nice knowing there is a community for these cars, so I can get help if something happen to my car.

Originally Posted by Psyco565
Glad you're enjoying your xA, and a nice choice in color too! Can I ask where you purchased yours
I got mine at Keary Mesa so I have the silver license plate unlike the black ugly plastic ones. Kearny's is pretty big and I happen to got the only silver one on the lot. I had to call many dealership to see if they have the xA but none had many as Kearny at the time. I called Chula Vista, Bob Baker Lemon Grove, etc but none had any xA on the lot. I almost give up and I was already ____ed off at my sister because she wouldn't go to the one in Kearny and we only had 1 hour left before the dealerships closes. Mine is pretty standard, nothing added just the floor mats, but it was already there. Everything with tax and stuff all comes to 15,550 or so. Something like that.

Originally Posted by sunnyflorida
nice pick. i have the same color/year and all, cept i added tint/spoiler and entry. i love it. i love your caps too... mine suck compared to yours... but that wont last long... rims are in the not-so-distant future!
Cool! I can't wait to get new rims too, but it's gonna cost me a lot. So far, I scratched the front right one from parallel parking, but that's ok. I will get new rims anyways.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw a girl at Cuyamaca today and she had an xA with kearny plates, same color.... was it by chance you? (seriously wierd if it is)
Old 09-12-2006, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like it alot ive had mine for almost 4 moths and have 7K on it i love it its a manual so whats not to love right? lower it youll be happy you did trust me....
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Psycho565
I saw a girl at Cuyamaca today and she had an xA with kearny plates, same color.... was it by chance you? (seriously wierd if it is)
It could be me ahhahaha. Well if that person was Asian, then it's definately me.

i like it alot ive had mine for almost 4 moths and have 7K on it i love it its a manual so whats not to love right? lower it youll be happy you did trust me....
I was thinking of dropping it. My mom at first was all wondering why is there this huge gap between the tires and outer areas around the tires. I would like to drop it, but I like the height as it is. Maybe I should get bigger wheels to fill up that gap.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just get springs with a conservative drop, like the TRD's, Tein H-techs, or Tanabe......somethings...
Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm, didn't want to stare.. so I dont know what she looked like, but I guess it would be worth introducing myself next time.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I hope we do bump into each other next time when I'm on the road.