Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Power window problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:56 AM

Default Power window problems

I have had a lot issues last year with my 05 XA. Two years ago the driver's side front window came off the track. Had my roommate at the time who was very knowledgeable about cars (especially body work) take the door apart. The clips holding the window to the regulator/track broke off. He said Toyota uses a complete different designed clips than what he can find for domestic cars. So he cut and grinded down a domestic replacement one into the right shape and used epoxy on it and the window. And it all held together for about a year.....

Now, same problem again, the regulator and motor works but I can't seem to find the correct Scion clips for the window. I called the Toyota dealership they said Toyota does not sell the clips and that I'd have to buy a whole new window to get the clips. That for them to install the window they'd have to replace the regulator as well. They implied that with my regulator moving up and down just fine but with the window falling into the door compartment, that the regulator must be bent.

Anyways my old 05 XA's got 127k on it and didn't feel like plopping down $800 that they wanted for this (they claim they gave me a discount on labor) for a car that's not worth much. Any light you guys can shed is appreciated. I scoured the internet and Ebay sells Toyota window clips but our front windows have 2 differently shaped clips (one back, one forward). The Ebay ones only look similar to one of them not both.