Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

This really ticked me off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default This really ticked me off...

So I have been patiently waiting for my xA. I already sold my car and everything, so I'm on foot until it comes in. But, one of the main reasons I wanted the xA is because it was unique, and you didnt see a lot of them. However, in the past two days I have seen THREE of them. That kind of made me mad...I wanted to be the first one here...I guess I cant be mad at them though, at least their in "the family" now. I just cant wait until I get mine. Talked to the dealer on Friday, he said it was due in on Thursday...hopefully he isnt lying to me...
Old 08-19-2006, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Houston and I see xA's around, but not alot of them. I was driving all over town today going to numerous stores and I saw one IIP xA. The most I ever saw was at IKEA. I saw 3 xA's in the IKEA parking lot. Since I hate IKEA, that is kind of worrisome.

Huntsville is a college town (Sam Houston State), so I'd guess you'd see an above average amount, but I'd bet they are still rare.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

cool we always need more xA's in texas. there are very few that go to meets and such. i think now in DFW we have 3 that come on a regular basis. i hope you like the car!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kdepew
I live in Houston and I see xA's around, but not alot of them. I was driving all over town today going to numerous stores and I saw one IIP xA. The most I ever saw was at IKEA. I saw 3 xA's in the IKEA parking lot. Since I hate IKEA, that is kind of worrisome.

Huntsville is a college town (Sam Houston State), so I'd guess you'd see an above average amount, but I'd bet they are still rare.
Ya. I go to school there, I know one of them was a student driving it, and the other two were zooming around campus...I figured it would be a nice college kid car, but I aint seen none here yet...Of course, more people are moving here being that school starts on Monday.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw 3 on the way home from work Friday in a span of about 30 miles of Interstate. Not many white ones around, mostly silver and flint mica. I had to drive 40 miles south to Charlotte just to test drive one and bought the first and only one I drove, they had 5 in stock 1 white, 2 blues and 2 flints. Mine was the only one with the iPod compatible stereo and I wanted white.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only ones I could find were used, so I had to wait for a new one. They had a black one that they were trying to sell as "NEW" but it had 4,000 miles on it...we were going to try to get that knocked down in price, but we decided not to...and just go with new...

Its still due Thursday.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good Luck! I hope it comes in Thursday.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member

I live in the Chicago area and "ordered" my xA two weeks ago. Since that time, I've seen only three on the road, and believe me, I've been keeping my eyes open for them.

The salesman called me Thursday to say that they've located my vehicle and that it should arrive in three weeks! Let's hope so. Hope yours arrives soon!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member

I've seen about 4 in my area, not that many really. I just got mine about a month ago and I adore it!
Old 08-20-2006, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I pulled up behind a PW one the other day at an intersection and after honking my horn half a dozen times and pointing at my own car they finally realized that I was talking about the car and waved. Then of course I had to pull up along side them at the next intersecion and drag race that slushbox. Hah, I won.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanx guys...I hope it comes in too...being on foot really sucks.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dont worry about see some of them. When i bought mine I never seen them on the road, then once i drove it i started seein them too. I did also get ____ed, but when i started putting mods on it, no other xA looked like mine so im happy wit it!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope I get mine too. I'm sick and tired of waiting and I mean there are more than just a few dealers around my city yet my sister and mom is just killing my ___ with the whole "next week we go" and they say this every damn week. I'm sick and tired of not having a car over summer to do all the stuff I like. I hate driving my mom's car so much and I feel like none of my family is really meeting me half way in to this. I NEED A CAR FOR WORK!!!! I'm really sick and tired of this.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see much xA's in NYC. I'm getting tired of seeing tCs. It will be nice to see some xA's around.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you have something no one has, you have something no one wants. I like seeing xAs on the road.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. I just saw another one. The person that ones it has the same color I am getting (Flint Mica). She lives like...right next door to me, so we'll end up parking really close! I sorta wanted to be the first xA living here, but since its a girl and shes kind of cute...I'll let it slide
Old 08-21-2006, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member

Maybe the two of you can go for coffee to talk about your Scions! ;)
Old 08-21-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ppl who get mad about other ppl having the same car are stupid.

why do you want to be so special? if you want to be unique then buy a pontiac aztec. i go months without seeing that.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Master
ppl who get mad about other ppl having the same car are stupid.

why do you want to be so special? if you want to be unique then buy a pontiac aztec. i go months without seeing that.
You should read a lil more...after I said I was mad...I said I guess I cant be mad...I guess you read past that part.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just found out that the car wont come until "probably" the end of the month.
We asked if it would be here on the 24th like he said and he was like, "Well, maybe, we dont really know." I'm thinking to myself, "The 24th is the day after tomorrow, how could you not know?" I dunno. Its surprising. You can ship a package and figure out where its at. But they cant seem to figure out where a car is. I mean, its a small car, but it aint that small!!

Shouldnt they have a better system of tracking and such?

Quick Reply: This really ticked me off...