2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

torn

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default torn

i made a huge mistake as i was gettin my oil changed yesterday a sales guy asked if i wanted to test drive a tC i said sure just to kill some time because i got bumped back a few times. so long story short... i love it... but i still love my xA. and i dont kwo if i want to keep it or trade it in or what. who has traded in their xA or box for a tC and was it worth it? and what caused you to do it. also how long did you have the previous car?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

djct watt traded in his xA for a tC and started a thread comparing both, here ya go...
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142913
Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just as long as you can afford it
Old 10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I was thinking of trading in my Xa for an FJ Cruiser - Either that, or I'll sell my 3-series BMW and get a used truck, but I'm not sure yet.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For anyone who got an xA as their first car (or their first nice car), I can see you "trading up". Everyone goes through that process of getting into nicer and nicer cars as you can afford them. But then there are those uf us (like me) who have owned much nicer, much more expensive cars and have chosen to "simplify". I had a fully-loaded, full size Silverado 4X4 before getting my xA. I love my little escape pod. All the luxuries like heated leather seats and full power options are nice, but once you've had them, it's like...eh, been there, done that.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

allright guys i got a question.... my dad cosigned on my car so i could get his intrest rates before i had a credit history. that not the problem i make al the payments no problem but my problem is he loves my car so how do i sell him on letin me tradein the xA for a tC
Old 10-16-2006, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member

Ait, I think yous problems is yous aint quit gots the credits to do its on yer own. If he loves yer car so much mabees hes gotsa to take it over and you can get yer own veyikal, You knows whats Is sayins, rite? Yay.

Originally Posted by george_da_2nd
allright guys i got a question.... my dad cosigned on my car so i could get his intrest rates before i had a credit history. that not the problem i make al the payments no problem but my problem is he loves my car so how do i sell him on letin me tradein the xA for a tC
Old 10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by waupaca11
Ait, I think yous problems is yous aint quit gots the credits to do its on yer own. If he loves yer car so much mabees hes gotsa to take it over and you can get yer own veyikal, You knows whats Is sayins, rite? Yay.
uh....
Old 10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
Originally Posted by waupaca11
uh....
Word up, yo. Forshizzle. :?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no he wont take it over he drivs a GL so i doubt hell give a rats ___. he thinks its cute and reminds him of his 67 bug when he was my age. sucks ___ kuiz i know if i mention trading it in itll be a fight but my big deal with that is that its my car and he shouldent hvae any say in what i do with it unlss he wants to make half the payments
Old 10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my big deal with that is that its my car and he shouldent hvae any say in what i do with it unlss he wants to make half the payments
Yeah...you keep believing that one!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a loaded V6 Jetta, though the trinkets were nice the car was fallin apart after 5 years... Luckily it had a good trade in value and we got the wife a new Matrix... then her Dodge fell apart and I got my xA :D

I'm still blown away that I get to play MP3's in the car hehe, something the Jetta could not do (but I bet the newer models can).

Anyway the Jetta was like 29k out the door, and my xA was 17 and I am very pleased with it.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

matt i tink you miss understand what i wrote. hes only a cosigner. he hasent made one payment on the car period. if you knew my dad you would know why im ____ed about it. hell say no just to get to me. than my mom will get involved and well fight for about 5 months just kuz he felt like being an ___. so i want to avoid that. what can i do to sell him on the tC over the xA
Old 10-16-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

matt i tink you miss understand what i wrote. hes only a cosigner. he hasent made one payment on the car period. if you knew my dad you would know why im ____ed about it. hell say no just to get to me. than my mom will get involved and well fight for about 5 months just kuz he felt like being an butt. so i want to avoid that. what can i do to sell him on the tC over the xA
I understand. All I meant by that was this: If you need him for any part of the trade process (like his signature), than he does have a say in what you do. If you still live in his house, he has a say in what you do. I don't know your dad, but I'd bet he's only looking out for you. Try to cut him a little slack. Heck, even after you're out completely on your own, he'll want to give you direction and advice. Ya might want to listen to him. I felt EXACTLY the same way you do when I was your age. My dad passed away a few years ago. I'm 40 years old now and I'd give my left nut to have my dad around to bounce things off of and ask his advice.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no im out of the house in my appartment. i just wanted his 5.5% intrst not my 8% because i don thave much credit history. my mom is mor emy father than my dad hes more of a woman tha n my GF even my brother who is 31 is askin my mom advice and tolorates my dad. i should have had my mom cosign but thats kinda what happins when i dotn tihnk things threw i guess... so any advice as how to sell him on the tC?!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

... so any advice as how to sell him on the tC?!
Nothing come to mind at the moment. It's not really that much bigger, so I doubt he'd buy the "safer" angle. If you can handle it financially, maybe he won't have a problem with it. I'd just be honest with him. Tell him you just like it better. Your dad has been down that road before. He knows what it's like to want to upgrade cars. I doubt he kept every car he ever had until the wheels fell off.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My suggestion would be to just keep the xA. Trading in new cars is just throwing away money. Even with the xA's good trade-in value, you still wasting money by trading in a new car. There will always be nicer cars. If you trade in your car everytime you find something you like better, you'll be wasting a ton of money. Buy a car you like and keep it a long time. You'll save alot more money that way and can buy nicer cars than if you trade in your car every couple of years.

If your loaded, trade in new cars as much as you like. If you are having your father cosign your loan because you don't have a credit history, you probably aren't rich, so I wouldn't waste the money.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how do i make the xA look higher class. everyone in my family drives either lexus or mercedes and he xA looks like a bastard child every family weekend we get to gether at either the wineory or w/e my parents want to have my and my brother meet them at. i hate getting looked at like im scum because my car dosent fit in. and a tC would blend in alot better. i would rather be looked over than looked at in disgrace
Old 10-16-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trade-in your family instead.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you guys try and convince me to keep the xA....

Quick Reply: torn