2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

What made you pick an xA over an Xb?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

i love my xA, and i couldnt get the Indigo Ink in the xB. Now i am so happy i got my xA, and love it to death. And now with some mods done to it i can smoke Civic's and Mustangs all day. Yeah!!!

And im 6'2" and 255 lbs. And im just fine in the xA, sure no one can sit behind me but my back seats are always folded down anyway
Old 09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xAwahl
i love my xA... And now with some mods done to it i can smoke Civic's and Mustangs all day. Yeah!!!
As much as I love my xA, too, and as bad as I hate Mustangs, I hardly see any mods increasing the power enough to beat one... Unless you are racing a fox body LX
Old 09-12-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some Mustangs in an xA....not hardly. LOL
Old 09-12-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lalagimp
There are just some people that don't prefer eco-hatchbacks.
Or they're just too fat to fit in one(j/k)
Old 09-13-2005, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Only way to solve this is get both an XB and XA

I may get both and sell the corolla ,XB rear seat room rules the XA is small back there. Price is less money which is cool. XB is a better touring car comfortable, XA a better city handling car. Hey these are both cool cars i would have got the XA but after sitting in the back during a test drive made that desicion for me. Someone that buys a scion to pound the pavement is funny these are eccono boxes. Civics are slow ___ cars, Scions slow ___, BMW M3s do the rocking.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

i'm 6'5 350pd and play football and i think th xA is a roomy, confrontable, great looking hatchback. good price and great gas mileage
Old 09-13-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Originally Posted by spectra_blue
i love my xA... And now with some mods done to it i can smoke Civic's and Mustangs all day. Yeah!!!
As much as I love my xA, too, and as bad as I hate Mustangs, I hardly see any mods increasing the power enough to beat one... Unless you are racing a fox body LX
well when everyone around where you live has v6 automatic mustangs, yes you can win, and ive got the aem intake, dc headers, and a custom set up exhaust with a glasspack
Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually, my first car, i was supposed to get myself a TC, but it was out of my price range...well not really, but I didnt want the monthlies...then there was the xB, like I said before..."it's a van", a cool one...but a van...then I said...i can't take this hard on mountain passes....then I got depressed, because the only scion left to choose from was the xa, back to the drawing boards I tell myself. Then a day or two later my cousin shows up at my house with an 05 xA, and I just FELL in love with it. It was white, lowered with RS*R springs, rolling on 16" Gram Lights, Toyota Japan sports grille, and kenstyle spoiler. It was hot, and from that moment I knew I had to have an xA. Although, the aftermarket sucks for it....which needs to change
Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well when everyone around where you live has v6 automatic mustangs, yes you can win, and ive got the aem intake, dc headers, and a custom set up exhaust with a glasspack
So, with all those mods, you are finally up to a whopping 102 HP... Even if you are in a manual xA, I still don't see your 0-60 even shedding a tear in a V6 stang, automatic, fully stock, running about 180 HP. Besides, if you even want to call a V6 Mustang a true Mustang, then go ahead.. But, why are you even wanting to run it in the first place? So that when he beats you, you can atleast throw the fact that you have more gas left in your tank back in his face?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, with all those mods, you are finally up to a whopping 102 HP... Even if you are in a manual xA, I still don't see your 0-60 even shedding a tear in a V6 stang, automatic, fully stock, running about 180 HP. Besides, if you even want to call a V6 Mustang a true Mustang, then go ahead.. But, why are you even wanting to run it in the first place? So that when he beats you, you can atleast throw the fact that you have more gas left in your tank back in his face?
Why are you guys arguing about this?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Arguing, stating the facts, whatever you call it... It's still stupid to think a hatchback, a 4 cylinder 1.5L, hatchback, is capable, with only a few small mods, is capable of hanging with cars that would destroy it, even if they gave the xA a head start.

Besides, even if you do rule the streets of stock Civics with an xA, what the hell would be your purpose to brag about? That you beat a 100 HP car with another 100 HP car? I'd rather sit and watch grass grow than waste a half of minute of my time watching two of the slowest cars ever manufactured, racing down a strip of road.

Just for fun, I ran my xA against my friend's car to see how bad he would beat me in a street race. He has a Chrysler Sebring Touring Edition, pushing about the same power as a Mustang V6 does, and weighs about the same, if not a little more. And let me tell you what I didn't do versus that car... That would be win the race.. Why? Because xAs are slow as crap. If your sole purpose in life was to buy an xA, to rice it out, put performance parts on it, wait, I shouldn't say performance parts, thats being too nice, okay, DRESS UP parts, and then try to go out and race it, then you should've saved your money and bought something with an engine in it...

Do what you gotta do, cause hey, its your car, but don't embarrass yourself and bring a bad name to others who drive xA's. We got them for the looks and gas mileage, not to try and rule the road.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

i have no idea, all i said is that i like beating civics and mustangs, which i can. sure they are v6 mustangs, and ex civics but he is blowing it all out of proportion, and another thing, i didnt say where i was racing it, i beat 94-98 mustangs in a drag, and have beaten civic's on the autocross track. I dont know why he thinks he is a harda$$, another thing. Ive had my xA a lot longer than you have and know a lot more about the car than you ever will, so keep your comments to yourself and stop whoring his post or pm my and take it out that way. another thing is when you strip some of the unecessary parts out, hey guess what your weight goes down, therefore making it quicker. You think you can call other people out on parts, when all you have is a pioneer flip out, that if you would have thought about it before, wouldnt have gotten it due to the fact that it blocks the gauges. an A+ for gaudyness. Another thing about the performance parts, anything that increases horsepower is a upgrade. no matter if its 1 or 100, its still an upgrade, so your dress up part comment is completely uncalled for. And by the way you bought an RS02, its about the same color as mine, all you got extra was the riced out neon lights. So when you actually do something commendable to your car then talk to me. Until then you give Scion owners a bad name...so back up........Guys sorry for this long comment i will now stop this mockery. Once again i am sorry.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have no idea, all i said is that i like beating civics and mustangs, which i can. sure they are v6 mustangs, and ex civics but he is blowing it all out of proportion, and another thing, i didnt say where i was racing it, i beat 94-98 mustangs in a drag, and have beaten civic's on the autocross track. I dont know why he thinks he is a harda$$, another thing. Ive had my xA a lot longer than you have and know a lot more about the car than you ever will, so keep your comments to yourself and stop whoring his post or pm my and take it out that way. another thing is when you strip some of the unecessary parts out, hey guess what your weight goes down, therefore making it quicker. You think you can call other people out on parts, when all you have is a pioneer flip out, that if you would have thought about it before, wouldnt have gotten it due to the fact that it blocks the gauges. an A+ for gaudyness. Another thing about the performance parts, anything that increases horsepower is a upgrade. no matter if its 1 or 100, its still an upgrade, so your dress up part comment is completely uncalled for. And by the way you bought an RS02, its about the same color as mine, all you got extra was the riced out neon lights. So when you actually do something commendable to your car then talk to me. Until then you give Scion owners a bad name...so back up........Guys sorry for this long comment i will now stop this mockery. Once again i am sorry.
Wow, nice come back I also find it a bit hard to believe an xA can beat a V6 Mustang, but if he says he did, I believe him, I see no point in lieing to others in the SL community....
+ xAwahl isn't exactley a noob to the cummunity.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No way a xA beats a Ford Mustang...no way. If he "beat" it ...it was because the Mustang let him or had engine problems. This is simply physics.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

another factor that everyone forgets its weight and gearing....the xA weighs a 1/2 ton less than the mustang, and the gearing is a lot shorter so im it keeps it in the powerband. So think what you want but when racing a 97 v6 auto mustang, i know i beat it, it wasnt by much but i still did...and thanks iyzmi dont know if you were being sarcastic or not, but hell i really dont care...anyway lets keep this thread back on track,

another reason i bought the xA was because of the compartment in the middle of the dash " the oven" it kicks ___ and ive wired up a switch to it so that i can turn it on when i want to.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Corps

I boutgt my box for many reasons over the XA, but the one I keep coming back to is it fits my personality, and it has a kick azz plat form to set up the gear I have in the back, and it makes a camper to bout, the XA's seats don't quite fold all the way down and it makes "parking" wink wink a little Difficult.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had to drive my wife's xA today. She is taking the xB on a weekend trip and wanted the room. Was reminded again of the differences and I'm in a very good position now to judge those differences since I actually drive both regularly.

The xA is very zippy! Fun to drive. I like the height of the transmission stick, it's an auto, but the stick...sticks up higher than the xB.

HATE the 2005 model stereo. Geesh, those buttons are so hard to get to when you are driving. Love the new 2006 stereo with *****.

We installed the Zeta armrest in both of our Scions and in the xA it is equally as grat as in the xB. Makes things so much more comfortable. Worth every single penny. Would recommend an armrest as a "must have" for any xA owner.

Perfoamnce feels more zippy than the xB. Has more "get up and go" probably because it is lighter.

Down side....interior room....just very hard to ride in it after being in the xB. I feel like a sardine. I'm a large man, 6'3" and 250. It is very hard to get used to the view out of the xA after driving the xB. I feel very cramped. Seat is not uncomforable, but I'm practically driving from the back seat.

This is definitely not the car for you if you are a big guy like me.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another factor that everyone forgets its weight and gearing....the xA weighs a 1/2 ton less than the mustang, and the gearing is a lot shorter so im it keeps it in the powerband. So think what you want but when racing a 97 v6 auto mustang, i know i beat it, it wasnt by much but i still did...and thanks iyzmi dont know if you were being sarcastic or not, but hell i really dont care...anyway lets keep this thread back on track,

another reason i bought the xA was because of the compartment in the middle of the dash " the oven" it kicks butt and ive wired up a switch to it so that i can turn it on when i want to.
Nope, wasn't being sarcastic, I was sticking up for the underdog.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i was really confused on both even though i am 6'2" the car fits well for me, if i could i would take both but i chose the xa because ive only seen a hand full of those out in the kc area and like a bucket of xb
Old 09-17-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick Reply: What made you pick an xA over an Xb?