Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

my auto transmission, warranty story

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member

Default my auto transmission, warranty story

Just thought i would share my experience with my 2005 xb. I actually dont drive the car but my dad started hearing a wine and so I told him to take it to the dealer. The dealer said they thought it was the auto transmission and that it should be replaced as they said toyota dose not rebuild transmission. The price would be $3,500. So i then gave them my toyota extended warranty info and they said they had to have the toyota warranty guy come by to approve it. They did and the toyota guy approved the service. i was then able to get the free rental car of course after i give them my credit card so they could put a $50.00 hold on it. ( i hate rental car companies but that is another story.) While the warranty says i have $50.00 a day for 5 days per occurrence the dealer was only giving $35.00 to the rental car company but i guess thats ok since i didn't have to send in any claims for the rental car or have any out of pocket expenses. the transmission was sent up from California to Oregon and installed. everything worked out.

I was a little worried that things would not go well. Because something always goes wrong in my life. (yes, i am an optimist) But the toyota dealer had no problems, so if he is still in business i would like to pass on another recommendation that everything worked out, the toyota platinum plan i bought for $700.00 with about $50.00 tax from Troy Dietrich (2yrs ago) 413-772-0231 Greenfield, MA, is a great plan. and is the real toyota warranty not a fly by night island corporation off Florida coast company that i have heard stories about.

i almost thought i would go the entire 100,000 miles without a problem with my car and the $750 i paid for the warranty would of been a waste but it turns out this was a good investment.

as far as what was wrong with the transmission, from what i understand something about metal shaving. i am not a mechanic so the only thing that mattered was really the price and this time it was free.

so that was the process of using the warranty and getting the car fixed.