Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Question about oil pressure sensor "T" fitting

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Question about oil pressure sensor "T" fitting

OK, so I have searched, but can't find any info about where on the block the factory oil pressure sensor is (Although I assume it is close to the filter). I need to know what kind of hardware is needed to put a "T" fitting into the stock location, to run an electronic oil sender from it. I don't like the idea of the filter adapter, so I'm not going with one, sealing threads is an easy task.. Any real info, (hopefully pictures), and thread types would be helpful. I'm used to having an Oil pressure guage, and water temp guage in my cars. I think I will just buy the Blitz hoses for the water temp sender.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, the factory sender is under the intake runners on the side of the block. If you have the right socket you could reach it with an extension I guess. However, I went with the oil filter adapter from AC Autotronics. No problems at all. It works great. And sure maked life easy to hook up.

Walt
Old 11-18-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Newtmaker
Well, the factory sender is under the intake runners on the side of the block. If you have the right socket you could reach it with an extension I guess. However, I went with the oil filter adapter from AC Autotronics. No problems at all. It works great. And sure maked life easy to hook up.

Walt
yes, you are correct...it should be in between the second and third runner on the intake side. It can be removed by uncliping that harness, and then using a 24mm deep socket to take it out. I also used the AC oil filter adapter, which made life easier for tapping in my oil temp sensor as well as the oil pressure.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

After I installed the Greddy oil filter adapter I got p0171 so I did a master disconnect and the problem went away. I'm going to pull my maniflod off and check out the stock fitting. Thanks for the info.