Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Replacing entire exhaust pipe for larger diameter pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I got a Kei Design kit from Scionic for the front and sides. It will all be painted black sand pearl to match the body. I really like the way the Fab style rear flares out like the Kei front does. Called the shop today, and my car should be ready by Friday. :D

Old 04-23-2004, 04:46 PM

any update on the exhaust?
:D

Old 04-24-2004, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

No, not yet. I heard from Robert on Wed, and he decided not to use the fasteners which he had waited a week for... and he isn't sure exactly how to fit the front air dam on, as there are no markings or cutouts for the fog lights. He said that if he puts it where it seems to need to go, it is only about an inch lower than stock. He wants to talk to someone about how to properly install it, but Scionic hasn't been online and hasn't seen my pm or email asking for help.

Figured I would go to the shop this weekend to see how he is doing on the rear and sides. He said they require some body work, which is to be expected. I don't even know if he has done the exhaust yet or not. Been too busy at work myself to get over there to see it.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:09 AM

well, I hope everything turns out ok for ya.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just picked up my car, but the exhaust hasn't been done. The body kit and paint was finished last Thursday, but turns out the exhaust company had to order the exhaust pipe and extension, and they still aren't in yet. Guess they don't keep that size and material in stock. Should be able to have it done this Saturday. Any last minute advice?

OMG, I love the body kit on a black car. I was so right about the Fab rear and the Kei Design kit together. It looks so good.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by SCI FIRE
Any last minute advice?
PICS!!

Old 05-14-2004, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 05-14-2004, 04:51 AM

FREAKING AWESOME!!!(<--Yeah I'm using caps! :o ) have yet to see an xA fixed up like that up here in the norcal! :D Props sci fire!

Old 05-14-2004, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thank you
Old 06-03-2004, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, I finally got my 2.25" catback exhaust installed today, along with a new resonator and stainless steel exhaust tip. Sounds more throaty, but is quiet, too.

If anyone in San Diego needs exhaust work, go to Ed Hanson Muffler Service in Spring Valley. They are great!
Old 06-04-2004, 03:38 AM

so I take it that you got what you wanted and the drama was taken care of right? And if you want more throaty sound, use a header and the powerful sound will come!! :D Looks good and nice tip!

Old 06-04-2004, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

hey all. i used to go by the bigger isn't exactly better theory in the exhaust dept. but i recently installed apex-i N1 duals on my stock '90 240sx and i was expecting performance to go down. BUT what happened was the exact opposite. granted it's a cat back system and mani to cat is stock. but it's 3" after the cat then splits into 2.5" duals.
now, by everything i was told before, it should have made my car a pooch, but it actually got a bit quicker.
then again, maybe this is just some quirk with nissan's KA engine :?

sooo.....has anybody actually tinkered around w/bigger (2.5" or <) exhaust on a scion?
Old 06-05-2004, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont think anyone has a bigger exhaust system than that. BUT i remember someone, maybe it was eric, who installed a straight through exhaust and lost power. Too much flow isnt good, unless you're turbo or pushing some godly amount of NA power
Old 06-05-2004, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think the 2.25" exhaust has increased the power, because getting up to speed on the freeway is easier, and passing other cars is easier. The sound is so much better, too. It is quieter, and has a deeper sound.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:27 AM

I think the 2.25" exhaust has increased the power, because getting up to speed on the freeway is easier, and passing other cars is easier. The sound is so much better, too. It is quieter, and has a deeper sound.
Very true!! 2.25 exhaust pipe on our cars will fit right and give us the right back pressure for power. :D Might I remind you about the Stylis Manifold back system that adds Horse Power

Old 06-06-2004, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Where is that on your website?

(P.S. I like the Pringles can mod on your dash in the Toyotafest pics. Does it interface with a Lays cannister, too? And will it fit an XA?)
Old 06-07-2004, 04:41 AM

Where is that on your website?

(P.S. I like the Pringles can mod on your dash in the Toyotafest pics. Does it interface with a Lays cannister, too? And will it fit an XA?)
I don't have the results of 2.25 pipe on our cars, because I don't have a cat back system for sale on my website. The pringles can adds 4HP for aerodynamics!!! Pringles and a SOBE, don't have a road trip without it!!! :D