Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Volant Performance Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Volant Performance Intakes

Just got off the phone with T over at Volant Performance. The intake for the Scions (xA/xB) has been put on hold because of a higher demand on some truck intakes. The Volant intakes should be going into production in a couple months or a little longer, it's third on their list to be produced. As of right now, they have a prototype, it just hasn't made it into production because of the higher demand on other vehicles. Just wanted to let everyone know. This is the intake i'm waiting for, should be badass when it's out, T's gonna give me a call when he gets the first unit out of production to test it on my car. :D

this is not for a scion, but their intakes look hella nice and keep the engine bay stock looking. You won't get any trouble from cops on these ones.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"looking" good...kinda like european style
Old 06-11-2004, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How exactly does high demand for one type of intake make it impossible to produce other intakes? If it is profitable then make them. Sounds like everyone has an excuse as to why they don't make any products for the Scion. Support people that make products for the Scion instead of waiting on promises. Hell there are still people waiting for the new Duke Nukem game... 8 years later and still nothing.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

possibly the company takes into consideration of putting out a quality product and possibly they are not on a large enough scale to take on many projects at once. i didn't ask you to wait for it, i'm waiting for it, i don't like the intakes that are out right now.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Volant Performance Intakes

this is not for a scion, but their intakes look hella nice and keep the engine bay stock looking. You won't get any trouble from cops on these ones. [/quote]

Why would you have trouble with cops? Do cops around you make you open up your hood or something?

LV
Old 06-11-2004, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have been stopped before and asked to open my hood. They'll write you up for anything. My girlfriend and brother have also been asked to pop their hoods, it depends on if you got a dick cop. most of the time they don't care though, but every once in a while you'll get one that'll write you up. i mean it's only $10 fix-it ticket, but still, it's annoying. I'd rather not worry about it.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How the heck can you get in trouble for a perfectly legal modification....especially one that adds power and makes the engine more efficient and all that other crap. Doesn't make any sense, it's like writing a ticket for aftermarket tires that make you handle better.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very clean oem look... they seem to take the time to measure out the engine compartment space for the air boxes and tuck them in there nicely (of the other cars/trucks i've seen off the website)... probably going to go with volant for my xterra... will be very interested in this one for my box... keep us posted!..

as far as the pull over thing, my buddy was pulled over in his integra... his only mod was an exhaust tip... very annoying but at least no tix issued...
Old 06-11-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

More info Todd! Do you know if they have a price in mind yet or how it would install?
It does look pretty cool. And wouldn't it be easy to pass the visual part of a smog test with something that looks that stock?

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by tbblizzard
Just got off the phone with T over at Volant Performance. The intake for the Scions (xA/xB) has been put on hold because of a higher demand on some truck intakes. The Volant intakes should be going into production in a couple months or a little longer, it's third on their list to be produced. As of right now, they have a prototype, it just hasn't made it into production because of the higher demand on other vehicles. Just wanted to let everyone know. This is the intake i'm waiting for, should be badass when it's out, T's gonna give me a call when he gets the first unit out of production to test it on my car. :D

this is not for a scion, but their intakes look hella nice and keep the engine bay stock looking. You won't get any trouble from cops on these ones.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member

i thought you have the right to say no if they ask you to pop your hood.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2WireUup
you know how it is. If they ask you to open your hood and you say no, they just make you do it because now they have probable cause.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest I don't ever getting asked to open my hood with my old car and I know I failed a couple of times without any mods just stock...

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by rAndal
Originally Posted by 2WireUup
____, you know how it is. If they ask you to open your hood and you say no, they just make you do it because now they have probable cause.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

actually it is a "privilege" to drive.. if you do not do what the cop asks you to do you forfeit your "privilege" to drive or some ____ like that. always do what the cop asks, if he asks to search your car and you say no, it gives him a reason to suspect you of something and possibly take you license.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Al.Truistic
More info Todd! Do you know if they have a price in mind yet or how it would install?
It does look pretty cool. And wouldn't it be easy to pass the visual part of a smog test with something that looks that stock?

Al.Truistic
aB
I have no clue Al, i'm going to call tomorrow and schedule my vehicle in just so I can get some more info and what not on the intake. i'm hoping it is like mugens intake for the civics.

This is from an email from Volant:Sponsorships:
Hello Todd,

Yes, you got it to the right department. I am making a xB Scion kit as we speak. A completed sample will be done by the end of June. I do need a xA. I will need the vehicle for 4 to 5 days to build a master off the vehicle. Then we will build molds that take approximately 6 to 8 weeks to complete a finsh sample. Call T or Joe to schedule the vehicle in. We are excited about venturing into the import market and we will be needing new 04 Hondas and Dodges etc.

Thank you,

Tony
Old 06-12-2004, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All the more reasons why CA traffic cops suck ___...hire more cops to keep crime down, not stop people for doing something they enjoy that isn't breaking any speeding or criminal law...

Seriously, I had a cop pull me over for my exhaust, and my exhaust alone. There was a guy in the lane next to me who chirpped his tires and sped off (going like 50 in a 40), I wasn't speeding whatsoever, and I got an f'in citation for having a completly legal, modified exhaust...I was like wtf?

I went and got the exhaust certified so now when I get pulled over I can show the cop that it is leagal and take him to court over it ...

I also took the cop that gave me the citation for my exhaust to court and won because he screwed up and wrote me up as a Toyota Matrix...I walked out of that court room with the biggest grin on my face... :D Retarded Anaheim PD can kiss my white ___...
Old 06-12-2004, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
Originally Posted by Al.Truistic

Al.Truistic
aB
I have no clue Al, i'm going to call tomorrow and schedule my vehicle in just so I can get some more info and what not on the intake. i'm hoping it is like mugens intake for the civics.

This is from an email from Volant:Sponsorships:
Hello Todd,

Yes, you got it to the right department. I am making a xB Scion kit as we speak. A completed sample will be done by the end of June. I do need a xA. I will need the vehicle for 4 to 5 days to build a master off the vehicle. Then we will build molds that take approximately 6 to 8 weeks to complete a finsh sample. Call T or Joe to schedule the vehicle in. We are excited about venturing into the import market and we will be needing new 04 Hondas and Dodges etc.

Thank you,

Tony
Heh, guess who was the prototype forthe xB?
<----------------------------------------ME
Old 06-12-2004, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so i'm asumming you're getting the first off then huh? you have any idea what it looks like tony?