Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon R intake dyno test.... long/contorversial...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ToolBox
i hate the east coast i am always willing to give up my vehicle for experiments but all the companies willing to experiment are on the west coast, dammit!
I hear ya man. I'm the same way with my car! Sux huh?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I am sure the AFCII will work on xB
If its not going to work, why APEXi even make application for bB??

Purpose of the AFCII is to adjust all the fuel and air mixture needed for max performance that our ECU is not capable of. Stock ECU learns but can only do so little. You think our ECU will learn the way out and become a racecar ECU?? No, it will give you a check engine light

Unlike ECU flash which is been programmed to work with a stock engine
AFCII is not something you install and let it do its job. It needs to be fine-tuned.
I will be expecting another 10HP gain from AFCII if you have it fine-tuned with intake, exhaust, and header
Old 02-12-2004, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i wanna see a Injen and WeaponR dyno overlay to compare the overall power band...who cares about peak numbers especially if one builds torque quicker and more of it in the lower rpm band
Old 02-12-2004, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I completely agree, I would rather have more torque down low (where these cars really need it) and accross the midrange than an extra HP or 2 at peak.

The reality is that most young guys (which I'm not) are big on Peak HP numbers for the bragging rights. That's what sells so that's what the companies focus on. As with everything in the world it's about $$$$.

ken
Old 02-12-2004, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
I agree w/ re-mapping the ECU. It doesn't matter of you have the EVO, WRX-STi, or our xBs. Peeps I know w/ EVOs, WRXs, WRX-STis, all have remapped ECUs. If you have the resources to properly map the ECU, then you will have more gains. Sure an intake, and exhaust help, but one will have alot more gains by remapping the ECU.

Thanks Daniel for using your Red Box. I hope to see it soon!
redoing the ecu wont be a big deal on our cars for minor mods like this. WRXs and EVOs make huge gains with them because they are turbo cars, and remapping them can also raise the boost.

however, the scion is tuned for 87 octane, so presumably you could bump the timing a little for a horsepower or two.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by kdanie
I completely agree, I would rather have more torque down low (where these cars really need it) and accross the midrange than an extra HP or 2 at peak.

The reality is that most young guys (which I'm not) are big on Peak HP numbers for the bragging rights. That's what sells so that's what the companies focus on. As with everything in the world it's about $$$$.

ken
really this is stupid....for 4-5hp for 100+ dallors......u cant even feel a 10hp increase and if u say u can feel a 5whp increase your full of it.... ..i should just buy a drop in and call it done.....4-5hp ahahaha to funny......you can get more then 4-5hp difference between motors straight from the factory....some run harder then others.....4-5hp and $150+ for an intake doesnt make sense....
Old 02-14-2004, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Think about it this way-- Hard Core sport bike enthusiast will spen $100 per hp. Because their bikes are so highly tuned from the factory the HP gains become more difficult. $1000 will get you about 10 hp and it takes changing several things to get that....

These little 1.5L engines are pretty highly tuned to get that 108hp at 6000 rpm so it takes more effort to gain hp than older more basic engines.... No single modification will make a huge difference but several together would make a noticable improvement.

So far the engine performance aftermarket has missed the mark for the Scions. Hopefully someone will start using their head and develop some parts that really make power!
ken
Old 02-07-2006, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member

Another edition, not surprising. No offense to weapon but i think people had too many headaches and this 'new' design isnt going to revive the name. U should of seen wat i was told when I bought one of the earlier editions...