Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

what brand is the trd exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zman
I've asked around and 2.25 is what I've heard to be best.

I'd like a 2.25 from the header to the Precision axleback.
Hmm, inspections are tricky without the cat, right.
So what about a high flow cat ? Is that the $$$ way to kind of do a straight through and be able to pass emissions ? Isn't an axleback not going to give power gains , or does it depend on the brand or type ? Either way the weapon r header w/2.25 collector and 2.25 pipes the whole way w/original cat and axleback muff still give good gains , yea , nea ? I would of course eventuly get the high flow cat if I gotta but I'm trying to do cheapest w/most benefit , then save up for the price stuff like high flow cat ( witch are super high priced ) .
Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by spiderbradman
So what about a high flow cat ? Is that the $$$ way to kind of do a straight through and be able to pass emissions ? Isn't an axleback not going to give power gains , or does it depend on the brand or type ? Either way the weapon r header w/2.25 collector and 2.25 pipes the whole way w/original cat and axleback muff still give good gains , yea , nea ? I would of course eventuly get the high flow cat if I gotta but I'm trying to do cheapest w/most benefit , then save up for the price stuff like high flow cat ( witch are super high priced ) .
My last inspection took less than 5 minutes and I'm pretty sure they barely checked anything.
I don't always get that lucky though.

I'm not sure about the high flow cat.

I would ask to only spend 300 or less for a custom piping from the head to the point of the axleback beside where the springs are. I believe the axleback is wider than the stock pipe already. It appears that way.
I just don't want that terrible, restrictive, rusty pipe I have now.