Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

xA motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xA motor swap

Dont have an xA but i was wonderin....is it possible to put a celica gts motor in an xA...seems like a good idea, bet it would be pretty quick...
Old 06-11-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You can do anything with thousands and thousands of dollars.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yeah..

hell.. with enough money you can turn your xA into the FiveAxis Roadster..... (which is over $100K or so..)..
Old 06-11-2007, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I know the Celia engine swap has been done before, I think it was in an IST a few years ago...

With $100K you can turn your Scion into an electric car!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i think it was only $50K for the electric conversion actually..
Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 PM

WELL I HAVE THE COROLLA XRS SWAP AND IT DIDNT COST NO MORE THAN 6K!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCION_XRS
OMG how have I not read this setup before?!?! That sounds like a powerhouse for the small xA, do you have a post in SL that covers the swap, or are you hiding something???
Old 10-23-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasnt aware that the xrs swap had been done before, wonder if his taken it to the track.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCION_XRS
BS! (I think, if not, then I'll eat it)

This guy is blowin' smoke up our tailpipes! After hearing he did this, I had to look into it to see if this was true or not, and his profile shows this pic of the XRS in his 'xA', here's a screenshot of the page.

Look in the red circle, you'll see somebody suspect that the engine bay pictured is NOT the xA bay! Instead, Zillion thinks it's actually the Matrix engine bay and provides a pic to support his arguement, here's the image to that as well, with a comparison to the original pic from SCION_XRS.

Hm, look pretty similar, right? Look at the strut towers, specifically, as well as the placement of the battery tie. Also, radiator/fan tops look familiar, right?

I found a pic of the xA engine bay through Edmunds for comparison, and it just doesn't match up enough for me. The strut towers are almost entirely underneath the windshield, for one. The battery placement is off, with the ties not matching up in similar spots in the frame (supposedly). Here's a pic:

I'm gonna call BS on this one. The only way for me to believe this is if I see it myself, you're in Miami right? I'm only across the state, wanna meet? Heck, I'll drive across Alligator Alley myself! If it truly is an xA w/ XRS, I'll eat my words and st_u.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea something does look wierd, no need to cross the state i'm in miami i can check it out if he wants too. I wouldnt mind running him, if he has that 2zz in there i wanna see what it can do.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Wrong button, mods please delete?-
Old 10-23-2007, 06:16 PM

allright pass by the ockechoobee hangout this friday! but get some money im racing that tc..all you guys call it a bs!i say no..that cost me too spensive so u guys are ficking around with my rep here..u say is a matrix ok fine come here to hialeah fl..and ask for the scion xrs!thats it!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:20 PM

and remember i paid guys from toyota to do this ____ and u start talking bs..why dont just say good job that ____ looks clean..oh no its better to say its bs..allright tc guy im taking you doin i gonna give you 2 cars ahead racing 2 @ 40mph see ya at dennys!11.00pm
Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by garmazed
Originally Posted by scion_xrs
well i have the corolla xrs swap and it didnt cost no more than 6k!
bs! (i think, if not, then i'll eat it)

this guy is blowin' smoke up our tailpipes! After hearing he did this, i had to look into it to see if this was true or not, and his profile shows this pic of the xrs in his 'xa', here's a screenshot of the page.

look in the red circle, you'll see somebody suspect that the engine bay pictured is not the xa bay! Instead, zillion thinks it's actually the matrix engine bay and provides a pic to support his arguement, here's the image to that as well, with a comparison to the original pic from scion_xrs.

hm, look pretty similar, right? Look at the strut towers, specifically, as well as the placement of the battery tie. Also, radiator/fan tops look familiar, right?

I found a pic of the xa engine bay through edmunds for comparison, and it just doesn't match up enough for me. The strut towers are almost entirely underneath the windshield, for one. The battery placement is off, with the ties not matching up in similar spots in the frame (supposedly). Here's a pic:

i'm gonna call bs on this one. The only way for me to believe this is if i see it myself, you're in miami right? I'm only across the state, wanna meet? Heck, i'll drive across alligator alley myself! If it truly is an xa w/ xrs, i'll eat my words and st_u.

<<<<ok about you! Dont have nothing to do huh? Ok once again look closely and think..the battery was relocated because it was where the intake is suppose to go..thats what the guy from the dealer told me..i can imagine he wanted to be in tat position thats a rebuild when i did the swap i didnt even had a motor in the car it was just the car without nothing in the bay..he rebuilded the bay his way ok cuz not even the battery was there
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey tough guy I never called BS, in the contrary, I find it awesome that someone already did this, so slow your horses. I simply agreed that the pics didnt add up and mention running u as a friendly race to see how that xa runs. No offence, but i dont go to okee anymore, its not what it used to be and its not worth my time. Ohh and who said i have a TC, lol.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Than can you explain the corolla/ matrix fuse and relay box on the right hand side directly above the battery?

...hmm interesting lol.

...and toyota guys did this? as in dealership toyota guys? In that case, what dealership did you go to hmm?

LOL this is hysterical.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or how about the paint matched cowl?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or the radiator shroud since ours are hidden behind the support brace
Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and finally how about the clearance between the shroud and the intake manifold (since with my koyo im practically touching lol, nevermind an XRS radiator!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 PM

GUYS FROM HEADQUATER TOYOTA THAT DID THIS JOB..ABOT THE FUSE BOX KID IM GOING TO REMIND YOU AGAIN..MY CAR DIDNT EVEN HAD A FUSE BOX WITH THE ACCIDENT..I REMOVED EVERYTHING BEFORE THE SWAP!

Quick Reply: xA motor swap