Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

xb stuff fitting on the xa

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xb stuff fitting on the xa

yeah i saw the strup exhaust for the xb's but not for the xa's now im wondering now if i get the strub headers i might as well get the strup axle back but when i looked there was only the axle back for the xb

also i heard from the parts area of the forums that strub melts the wires on a manual shift xa or xb that it was tested only on automatic
Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

melts wires on a manual shift? could you explain that a lil more? and are you talkin bout headers or a muffler meltin wires?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ummm

ummm from wut i hear its like you know the gear wires that go from the shifter to the tranny??
but for some reason someone tells me that tthe strup headers will melt the gear wires to your car.... so i wasl ike ive never heard that happene before
and im guessing that the way that the other person was explaining it was wrong but i unno

i hope wut he says isnt true cause i want to get a strup headers and exhaust
Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think thats a rumor because when you install aftermarket headers you have to remove the heat shield, so more heat is coming from the aftermarket headers melting your stuff. I don't know if it really happens with the xa. I have megan racing headers on my box and nothing happens. Email the company and ask them, they have really good customer service.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was one insance of one guy who had a problem with the melting. He had a manual xA and ended up switching over to a MMW header.

From what I understand Jeff at Partshippers and Charlie Wenstrup himslef did everything they could to try to remedy the situation. Basically offering work arounds to prevent any damage from happening. The xA owner wasn't having it, threw a fit online and bashed the Strup header.

I can say he wasn't so disappointed in the header that he wasn't willing to try and resell it at the retail price for a new unit.

Bottom line, if you have an xA manual and are wanting to get a Strup header, talk to Jeff at Partshippers and he will tell you what is required to make it work. Then you can decide on your own if the work is worth it to run the header.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
There was one insance of one guy who had a problem with the melting. He had a manual xA and ended up switching over to a MMW header.

From what I understand Jeff at Partshippers and Charlie Wenstrup himslef did everything they could to try to remedy the situation. Basically offering work arounds to prevent any damage from happening. The xA owner wasn't having it, threw a fit online and bashed the Strup header.

I can say he wasn't so disappointed in the header that he wasn't willing to try and resell it at the retail price for a new unit.

Bottom line, if you have an xA manual and are wanting to get a Strup header, talk to Jeff at Partshippers and he will tell you what is required to make it work. Then you can decide on your own if the work is worth it to run the header.

um yeah how do i get a hold of jeff cause im really curious
Old 06-24-2006, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have the Strup on my XB and the rubber jacket on one of my shift cables was melted through to the steel cable. The cable rested against the heat shield on the factory header and against the Strup header itself. Unless there's been a change, the cable has to be tied away from the header to prevent damage in an XB.