10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

me to....
Old 11-29-2006, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys could be waiting awhile for an answer.. There a very few turboed Auto's running around.. atleast that I know of.. and I never had my kit dynoed while it was on so I could only give you an estimate.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you test the 0-60 wile you had it?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and what kind of boost can you run with the auto??
Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lppro-xb
did you test the 0-60 wile you had it?
I did lots of 0-60's..did I ever time them.. No.. because I was raccing people and all that matter was that I was in front of them.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A good place to start is 6psi.. my car was run at 10psi during testing with no issues.. You can run higher boost if you want to do upgrades to the tranny and engine for longevity of the two.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the info i REALEY want the kit!!! gut i think im gana wate untel my warentee (sp?) is up and all.. so probubley like a year and 1/2.. so if you had to guess would you say that the 0-60 was in the 5 second range and what other mods did u have?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the info i REALEY want the kit!!! gut i think im gana wate untel my warentee (sp?) is up and all.. so probubley like a year and 1/2.. so if you had to guess would you say that the 0-60 was in the 5 second range and what other mods did u have?
Nothing wrong with waiting for the warranty to run out, plus it gives you time to save up and do it right..

As for the 0-60.. im really not sure.. I think it was more than 5 secs.. but really never counted.. As for mods.. I had the turbo kit at 6psi, DC Sports header, Perrin leight weight pulley and 2.5" turbo back exhaust. .The exhaust im sure made the biggest difference of them all.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ProshopXB Posted: 11/30/06 1:02PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lppro-xb wrote:
A good place to start is 6psi.. my car was run at 10psi during testing with no issues.. You can run higher boost if you want to do upgrades to the tranny and engine for longevity of the two.
Yea i have to agree with Billy turbo will kill an auto tranny due time same goes for the manual just not as bad......best to upgrade tranny and engine especially for a vehicle that wasnt ment to boost
Old 12-16-2006, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by itsme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lppro-xb wrote:
Yea i have to agree with Billy turbo will kill an auto tranny due time same goes for the manual just not as bad......best to upgrade tranny and engine especially for a vehicle that wasnt ment to boost
definitely upgrade the trans. If I remember right, you have to upgrade the tranny when the power you are adding to the car is 50% or more than the power already being used. ( 1.5 liter XB has 106 HP-anything above 159*horses= upgrade ).

I have an automatic Echo w/ the same transmission as the Xb/Xa Scions. I think my car has a taller cruise ratio or an extra gear though. But that's the only difference. So where do I get an automatic tranny that will accept the power of a forced-induction unit that pushes my sled to almost 200 horses?

Any info?
Old 12-16-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rotten_apple_peel
Originally Posted by itsme

lppro-xb wrote:
definitely upgrade the trans. If I remember right, you have to upgrade the tranny when the power you are adding to the car is 50% or more than the power already being used. ( 1.5 liter XB has 106 HP-anything above 159*horses= upgrade ).

I have an automatic Echo w/ the same transmission as the Xb/Xa Scions. I think my car has a taller cruise ratio or an extra gear though. But that's the only difference. So where do I get an automatic tranny that will accept the power of a forced-induction unit that pushes my sled to almost 200 horses?

Any info?

As stated above my car was run at 10 psi during testing.. which I would assume is around 175 whp give or take a few.. with out any issues arising.. You can talk to ZPI about doing upgrades to the exsiting tranny, these upgrades will help you hold more hp at the tranny.. I was going to do these mods to mine, but ran out of time and money.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how's the mpg with a turbo?
Old 12-16-2006, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NOBnol23
Depends on how often your boosting it all the way.. I would say I was getting about 22-24 mpg.. thats me racing lots of stuff to... but I still got better MPG then my wifes PT. Cruiser did..
Old 12-16-2006, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Depends on how often your boosting it all the way.. I would say I was getting about 22-24 mpg.. thats me racing lots of stuff to... but I still got better MPG then my wifes PT. Cruiser did..
I wonder how long an auto transmission would last w/ the turbo as opposed to not having it.

What turbos work for the automatic anyway? I guess I could always switch to manual right?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder how long an auto transmission would last w/ the turbo as opposed to not having it.

What turbos work for the automatic anyway? I guess I could always switch to manual right?
No one really nows how long the tranny will last with the higher hp of a turbo... Only time will tell. I would rather trade my auto in and get a 5- speed then to pay someone to do a conversion over to a 5 speed.. Thats just my personal feelings on that thou.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member

any idea how much it would cost to swap an auto to a manual? not counting parts
Old 12-16-2006, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not a clue on that one.. You can search in the Drivetrain forum.. there have been tons of people who talk about it.. highly doubt anyone has done it.. Lot of big talk on these forums but no one ever follows thru.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member

Not a clue on that one.. You can search in the Drivetrain forum.. there have been tons of people who talk about it.. highly doubt anyone has done it.. Lot of big talk on these forums but no one ever follows thru.
I have an 03 Echo 4-door automatic. It's not exactly an Xb but our cars have alot in common engine-wise, you agree? I got a Vis kit for my car and found out that the only parts that fit ( after cutting and shaping ) were the back bumper and side-skirts. So I decided to have an R34 front bumper ( from skyline )installed instead. It's a custom job since body kits are non-existent for my car. Also got some 18" rims, black rims w/ chrome lip.

within the next 2 months the body kit will be fit and painted completely , then I will get a carbon fiber hood, tint the windows and order my cross-drilleds for the front wheels.

in 6 months I will have the turbo,headers,exhaust, intake bought ( hopefully installed too )

K, I know this has nothing to do w/ Forced Induction but hopefully it proves that @ least one guy follows through hehe

I am determined
Old 12-16-2006, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lot of big talk on these forums but no one ever follows thru.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Quick Reply: automatic xb turbo