automatic xb turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Lot of big talk on these forums but no one ever follows thru.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Dustin I knew if anybody would appreciate those words you would.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just call 'em like I see 'em. Unfortunately, there are far to many on this site that don't care for that.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am one of the few that followed through with what I proposed. When I moved to Seattle I got a good job while going to college and had no bills so I put my money towards doing a custom fabricated turbo for my 05 TCM xB.

I did my research, went to the tracks, visited some shops, looked at ALL the kits that were available and found that the best thing to do would be to have a complete custom kit fabricated specifically for my xB.

I found a shop close to the airport that has alot of nice custom built turboed cars running at the track and when I approached the owner about doing a xB he was really excited. After 3 months of planning and negotiating I had my xB turboed to run 8 psi daily and 16 psi for Race/ Track. Everything was custom built specifically for this xb.

All mandrel bent stainless steel powder coated tubing. Custom built Intercooler from one of the best in the northwest. Tuning and CPU reprograhming was done by one of the owners partners and I basically got all this for a little more then the cost of a Blitz supercharger installed.

Yes I did fudge with them a bit and was held accountable to be their sales person to the scion community. After 1 1/2 years it still ran great but I needed to go back to stock for better MPG considering I did alot of city driving and was close to 170 miles per day. Traded it in for a RS 3.0 and the new owner tracked me down through Scionlife recently and told me how great it runs for a turbo. This is well over 20,000 miles on this turbo set up.

Here are the pictures of my pride and joy I am sure some of you have seen.