Notices

got my baby back

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default got my baby back

I just added pics to my profile check them out.

Later

Freddy
Old 08-18-2006, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I love where they hid the switches cause he sent me more pics where theres a blockoff plate that hides everything
Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

other than having a bomb under the rear of the car it looks like a sweet setup. Id be nervous running a nitrous tank exposed like that.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ i was thinking the exact same thing while looking at those pics
Old 08-20-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default x/b on steriods

My friend put his bottle in the same place on his pickup truck, looks good just don't get rearended.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Blitz s/c NX nitrous express direct port piranha 50 shot

I put the bottle there because I don't like the idea of having the bottle inside the car.
If anything does go wrong with the bottle better to have it outside the car than sitting next to you or behind you. Plus it's hidden from the guys at the track plus I still have plenty of room for food shopping. If I put it in the liftback everytime you opened your liftback everyone would see the bottle on display.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey did anyone ever see the mythbusters where they shot the bottom of a scuba tank...well that was one with no pressure, as i have no idea how much psi a nos tank has but it took c4 to blow a hole in the side of one under pressure....at3000psi i think it was but i dont believe nos gets put anywhere near that pressure
Old 08-26-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scratch that it wasnt underpressure but they needed c4 to blow a hole in the side of the tank..
Old 08-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Of course they needed c4 to blow a hole in the side of it. Do you have any idea how thick those bottles are? They have to be thick to contain 300psi. Its not rocket science here. The problem is when the head of the bottle (fitting) gets knocked off. It turns into a missile. Those things go through brick walls when they take off. I would definitley not want to be ANYWHERE near that car on the roads. That is crazy nuts putting the bottle underneath like that. There is just too many "what ifs" that could go wrong.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

ummmmm...... you could loose the spare and put the bottle there... this way you have the little cover for at the track....

although i have to give you props on going with the spray and the boost... im sitting here trying to decide on which one first
Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default bottle location

My 2nd spot to put the bottle was where the spare was. But I can't see myself driving around get a flat and have no spare. Plus it's not really deep so you would have a hill in the back of your liftback. I really didn't want to start cutting up the stock inside of my box. Also in some states it's illegal to have the bottle inside the car.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy ****...have you ever seen the mythbusters, i know more than you know about anything just by whatching half a show of mythbusters.....or to put it slimply for ya I have an IDEA how thick it is.....my point was that mythbusters is a GREAT SHOW!!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

what states is it illegal to have the bottle in the car
Old 08-28-2006, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default bottle location

In New York city first you could have the bottle in the car , but if the cops checked your bottle and the valve was open you were busted closed bottle was ok. But now you have remote bottle opener so if the nitrous line is hooked up to the bottle you are getting a nice fine.
I know In cali it's illegal to have the bottle mounted inside the car. You have to check your states vehicle code book to see whats legal to run on your box.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Blitz s/c NX nitrous express direct port piranha 50 sho

Originally Posted by Freddy
I put the bottle there because I don't like the idea of having the bottle inside the car.
If anything does go wrong with the bottle better to have it outside the car than sitting next to you or behind you. Plus it's hidden from the guys at the track plus I still have plenty of room for food shopping. If I put it in the liftback everytime you opened your liftback everyone would see the bottle on display.
Not sure what track you go to but they always do visual inspections out here...both inside and outside/under the car.

Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
Of course they needed c4 to blow a hole in the side of it. Do you have any idea how thick those bottles are? They have to be thick to contain 300psi. Its not rocket science here. The problem is when the head of the bottle (fitting) gets knocked off. It turns into a missile. Those things go through brick walls when they take off. I would definitley not want to be ANYWHERE near that car on the roads. That is crazy nuts putting the bottle underneath like that. There is just too many "what ifs" that could go wrong.
Not only are there all kinds of safety issues, you can be held liable in so many ways. If that bottle was to shoot out when you hit a speed bump knocking the valve off, etc. What if it hit some lady pushing a stroller? What if it shot out and hit the driver behind you causing serious injury or even death. The list goes on and on.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default bottle location

Well the track I been going to for over 20 years is E-town thats raceway park englishtown NJ for those people who don't race there. I pass tech all the time. Have you every tried to look under a lowered x/b you won't see anything anyway. You can what if everything in life.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: bottle location

Originally Posted by Freddy
Well the track I been going to for over 20 years is E-town thats raceway park englishtown NJ for those people who don't race there. I pass tech all the time. Have you every tried to look under a lowered x/b you won't see anything anyway. You can what if everything in life.
Etown is cool. I guess they started to ease up on the tech inspections there. They used to check under my car there and even check my brakes. I prefer ATCO as you can get up to 10 runs in a single night. Let us know how you do at the track
Old 08-28-2006, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have seen a nitrous bottle explode before at a race. It is not pretty. The guy is now disfigured a bit and his was in his trunk with a metal plate and rear seat shielding him from it.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
I have seen a nitrous bottle explode before at a race. It is not pretty. The guy is now disfigured a bit and his was in his trunk with a metal plate and rear seat shielding him from it.
Well this is the picture that I think concerns some of us.

Valve and lines are highly vulnerable there. If you look at the line coming out of the valve, it faces downward then up. That fitting there can easilty be knocked off. Hopefully if that happens it will only be a leak and not shoot the bottle out.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member

Why in the world would you add NOS to a car that is only 105 HP to begin with... that's like Super Charging a YUGO - lol
Buy a car with some real HP and then get NOS is my point. I love my XB but not for it's 0-60 appeal...

Quick Reply: got my baby back