Notices

GReddy E-manage? E-Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member

Default GReddy E-manage? E-Ram?

Well I am looking for some what affordable HP items to place into my car, on a college students budget im looking around the $400 range, as of now in my 05 xA I have a K&N Typhoon CAI, I am hopefully getting a Magnaflow cat-back installed as a x-mas gift from my family, because I am tired of clothes every year. So I was looking online and came across the turbonator, or the money pit as many of you here like to refer to it as . Figure that something so cheap can't do that much.

My questions are:
Does the GReddy E-manage do alot for the xA without a turbo or SC, is it even worth the 379 bucks, and if it is, how easy is it to install because I am a complete newb when it comes to car wiring, my last car was a 1990 Ford.

E-ram, saw this online, tons of contreversy over this thing pulling that many watts though I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it works, 15hp probably not most here say 5hp and ask the question is 5hp worth 300 bucks, well an exhaust system will cost ya 500 bucks and you would be lucky to get 5hp from that so in my eyes it is worth it.

Also on a side note, recently loosened my CAI and put it back on, now I can't the the check engine light to stop flashing when I turn my car on, ive loosened and re tighted a couple times and nothing, should I reset my cars computer every thing seems to be the same and the light wasn't on before.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With $400 get your self a header and a light weight crank pulley. These along with the CAI will give you some nice gains and when you get the cat-back exhaust you will be good to go.

With the setup you have E-manage will only be a waist of money until you build the engine or go F/I and as for the other two things mentioned, well I'll just stop there.

But yes try resetting your ECU, by pulling the fuse under the hood. If it comes back on then you know there is a problem of some sort..possibly a bad MAF or a number of other things.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreeed get yourself a header, light weight crank pulley, and a muffler and maybe some other stuff with that $400 or get some Rims haha
Old 09-08-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you wont really need Emanage for an NA car. Well, you can advance the timing and make subtle adjustments but the stock ECU is doing a great job already. E-Ram doesnt work....AT ALL. We tried different set ups with the E-Ram for one of our customers that got suckered into buying one from them. On the dyno it did absolutely nothing even though he said he can feel a difference.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

For about $475 I got strup header and axle back shipped to my house. Great deal!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude stay away from that e-ram. it doesnt work. my cousin was dumb enough to buy that thing and its worth crap. it'll put a strain on your alternator and it only works on a WOT. so most of the time its just static. it's nothing but a restriction on your intake.