GREDDY SC (2006 MANUAL) DIRECT FROM GREDDY

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default GREDDY SC (2006 MANUAL) DIRECT FROM GREDDY

Update from Greddy, California:

Ok guys here are the issues:

1.) Greddy confirms that the ecu has changed for XB 06 and that we'd have to hardwire something in ourselves or wait 2-3 months for them to develop a harness/adapter. It's a work in progress. So long story short, this kit will NOT work for a 2006. If you have a 2006 avoid it like the plague for now!

2.) Greddy said they've only tested the Turbo on a MTX, they said that the transmission may not be able to handle the constant power from the Supercharger on the XB MTX

3.) Greddy will not do anything for us that bought the kits, we will have to go through our vendors, and it's up to the vendor if they will buy the kit back from us.

So bottom line, if you have a 2006... Hold off for a while.. don't make the mistake we did... I hope this helps everyone before they drop nearly 3k on this system. While it's a great system, and should work with the MTX... us with new cars are screwed... for now... If you have an 05 or older, go for it, it's still the best thing going

With that being said I have a brand new kit that is sealed in the box and newly purchased going up for sale shortly.... if anyone wants a great deal.. im willing to take a small hit on this one...since i'm basically shafted

============================================================
I lost the thread somewhere, but I remember seeing something about Greddy designing the SC kit for auto trans XBs only? Is this true? I see it on the instructions, but I could have sworn there were Greddy-SC boosted Manual XBs here already?

Second thought is the thread eight08customs started about installing on an 06. I have an 06 Manual XB that I aquired the kit for.

If this kit will not work with the 06 ECU and will not work with a manual transmission, then it looks like I'm going to have to sell this thing.

I'm going to try to call Greddy tomorrow, does anyone have any other questions they want me to ask?

-cz-
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know you wanted a SC for less maitnance, but if you dont get the answers you want from Greddy, you can always come to the ZPI side with me.....(insert evil laugh).
Old 05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
I know you wanted a SC for less maitnance, but if you dont get the answers you want from Greddy, you can always come to the ZPI side with me.....(insert evil laugh).
Good plan... but I'd have to sell the greddy SC first.. lol this thing is still sealed in the box from Greddy/Trust ;(

I'm about to cry.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cz3ch
Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Good plan... but I'd have to sell the greddy SC first.. lol this thing is still sealed in the box from Greddy/Trust ;(

I'm about to cry.
Well sell that sucker in the classifieds or on ebay to an 05 and hop on board the ZPI express.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scinergy

I believe lastlookcustoms has it on his 2005 manual xB. I would think that you would just need to swap some wires on the harness to get it to work on a 2006. The manual transmission should handle more power than the auto (the reason why ZPI may use less boost on the auto), so I don't think that is the issue. I think the issue is that the emanage is tuned for the auto powerbands and may not run as well on the manual. I'm no expert, so I could be wrong.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by idratherburnyou
I believe lastlookcustoms has it on his 2005 manual xB. I would think that you would just need to swap some wires on the harness to get it to work on a 2006. The manual transmission should handle more power than the auto (the reason why ZPI may use less boost on the auto), so I don't think that is the issue. I think the issue is that the emanage is tuned for the auto powerbands and may not run as well on the manual. I'm no expert, so I could be wrong.
Greddy claims it's the trans issue which doesn't make any sense... but I think you may be onto something there... They said that if we could get a pin out diagram from Scion and then use the emanage ultimate instruction pinout diagram, we could rig it ourselves... but again.. they've NOT tested it on an 06... They need to change their website and I urge all vendors to do the same..

Personally.. I'm thinking of just staying N/A mods and that's about it... The XB will never beat my last car.. just no way..
Old 05-15-2006, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default (UPDATE)

I just supplied Greddy with the 2006 XB ECU Pinout Diagram courtesy of a good inside source, and they are going to start working on it immediately. So there will be hope for the 2006 Models soon enough! They said the will most likely make splicing instructions available for us first, then hopefully a plug/play harness/adapter to compensate for this problem.

I'll keep you guys posted as I know more..

-cz-
Old 05-18-2006, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: (UPDATE)

I just supplied Greddy with the 2006 XB ECU Pinout Diagram courtesy of a good inside source, and they are going to start working on it immediately. So there will be hope for the 2006 Models soon enough! They said the will most likely make splicing instructions available for us first, then hopefully a plug/play harness/adapter to compensate for this problem.

-cz-
Would it be possible to get a copy of the 06 pinout? We have an 06 XB here that we just installed the Greddy turbo kit into, and obviously the 05 emanage setup is not going to work. Perhaps I can compare the pinouts and just move the coresponding pins over in the harness.

Thanks
Rich
Old 05-18-2006, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: (UPDATE)

Originally Posted by PrecisionTuning

-cz-
Would it be possible to get a copy of the 06 pinout? We have an 06 XB here that we just installed the Greddy turbo kit into, and obviously the 05 emanage setup is not going to work. Perhaps I can compare the pinouts and just move the coresponding pins over in the harness.

Thanks
Rich
PM Sent
Old 05-19-2006, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i wish i could get a straight answer about when/if it will be carb approved like i've heard it is pending........
Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i wish i could get a straight answer about when/if it will be carb approved like i've heard it is pending........
Yes it will be CARB approved per greddy
Old 05-20-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: GREDDY SC (2006 MANUAL) DIRECT FROM GREDDY

Update from Greddy, California:

Ok guys here are the issues:

1.) Greddy confirms that the ecu has changed for XB 06 and that we'd have to hardwire something in ourselves or wait 2-3 months for them to develop a harness/adapter. It's a work in progress. So long story short, this kit will NOT work for a 2006. If you have a 2006 avoid it like the plague for now!

-cz-
Hey,
Is this problem just on the '06 manual trans model? I have a early '06 xB with a Auto trans, will the Greddy SC work okay for me?
Thanks,
Old 05-20-2006, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: GREDDY SC (2006 MANUAL) DIRECT FROM GREDDY

It's a problem on all 06 ECU's it's the pinout...
Old 05-21-2006, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats some good info thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Greddy e-management Installation Diagram for scion xb

Can Anyone help me out with the wiring diagram for the xb. I have a greddy e-management system and do not have the installation instructions for it. Dont know what wires go to what. Help!!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Greddy e-management Installation Diagram for scion xb

Originally Posted by VibrantBlue
Can Anyone help me out with the wiring diagram for the xb. I have a greddy e-management system and do not have the installation instructions for it. Dont know what wires go to what. Help!!!!!
If we had the wiring diagram for the 06, none of us would be in this predicament
Old 05-23-2006, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am Looking for the 04-05 version.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VibrantBlue
I am Looking for the 04-05 version.
The emanage plug/plays into the 04-05 ecu, buy the harness from greddy...
Old 05-25-2006, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member

can I get the 06 pin diagram please. I would appreteate it. Thanks -Jake
Old 05-25-2006, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jakeman711
can I get the 06 pin diagram please. I would appreteate it. Thanks -Jake
All we have is the pinout from Scion is that what you want?.. PM me