Need help with a supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need help with a supercharger

Hello Everyone,

I'm considering buying a Blitz SC for my xA, however I'm wondering if it's even worth it? I think that the average hp made with that kit is around 120 whp. Although those are really respectable numbers considering that a stock xA makes around 90~95 whp, I'm not sure if it's worth the $3900.
Second, I can't afford a tuner so I was wondering if the fuel controller comes with pre-programmed fuel maps? I called Blitz about it and they told me that all that needs to be done is wiring the fuel controller to the ECU and that no tuning would be necessary afterward. however, I would like to confirm this with anyone who has experience with this, or similar, kits.
Also, how's the mpgs after supercharging? I'm intrigued by Blitz's 3 option fuel controller; they basically have three fuel maps, max power, mid power and fuel saving. I was wondering if the fuel saving one actually works well. I know that the car would no longe see 34+ mpgs, however I would like to stay in the 30mpg range (granted that it'd have to be driven old man style).
Finally, how's the reliability? I'm planning on keeping my xA for the long run so I'm really concerned about blowing up the engine.

One last note, I compiled a list of things I would need to SC and I just want to make sure that I'm not leaving anything out:

- SC kit
- Poly motor mounts
- New clutch

That's all that's really necessary right?

Thanks for reading through this long post. I've been trying to search through the forums but I'm having difficulty finding answers to all my questions so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i say go for it, how ever if you cant pay for a tune, then you should not get it.

even if it can run with out one, any time you slap something on your car that gains more then 15hp you should all ways get it tuned or at lest looked at to see if its running right.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have the Blitz SC on an '04 XB. I have put roughly 40,000 miles on it since the SC install without any problems. I did have to tighten up the drive belt once, but that is all. The Blitz SC is an on-demand type SC that only kicks in when you want it to (3-settings). You are not producing boost all of the time. I keep mine set at medium (only kicks in at half pedal) and can tools around town without ever using the SC, but when you want it, just a little more pedal and you get 5-8 lbs of boost. Great setup for a daily driver. Milage is 28-31 mpg in town and 30+ on highway trips. If you have install questions, call Titan Motorsports, they are who did mine.

Good luck and once you go boost, you won't go back.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:47 PM

i Hate my blitz sc it has never ran right i only get 25 max mpg and have a huge hessitation at 4500 rpm iv tryed alot of solutions and none seem so help
Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 PM

I have had the blitz supercharger on for the last 40,000 miles, I like it alot I wouldnt be driveing a first gen xb with out it. MPG or ok the power is good.