Notices

proof Greddy supercharger fits in an xA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default proof Greddy supercharger fits in an xA?

http://www.do-blog.jp/makeup/category/25 I was looking through SL and came to another thread that had this link on it and i was wondering... is everyone that has ever said a Greddy supercharger would not fit into an xA been wrong? From the pics you can clearly see the supercharger is a Greddy and that the car is an xA. It seems no modifications can been done to the cars to make the SC fit and the hoods close fine. I ask because down the road i would like to purchase a SC but would prefer Greddy over Blitz. I dunno, I know i rarely post but im just asking. Can someone let me know if anyone knows anyone who has done this to their xA without problems. the Japanese seems to be able to, why cant we?

Last edited by areyes5321; 01-24-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: title change
Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

In refrence to your question.

The XA and XB share the same motor. So yes the S/C will work. As far as hood clearence goes your stock hood should close or if not than switch to the same hood the guy from the other Japaneese forum was using. It's a Siebon hood.

The Blitz supercharger is better than the Greddy one by far. Much better fuel management than that Greddy Blue crap. Yes the Blitz is more money but it's alot nicer supercharger. This supercharger is the same one you will find in the Kompressor series Mercadies as well as Lotus Espree. I used one for about a year in my first engine build on my XB and it was very responsive. I think you will find it's an easy install with no major issues.

XBG
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am aware that the xB and the xA share the same motor and alot of other aspects. Yes, they both are almost identical but from what I've read on SL no one has been actually able to post any pics or stories of anyone actually having done so. There are alot ot "it should fit" on here but has anyone actually done it, that's what I'm looking for. Yes it shows it in the pictures of the link i posted... but then again the japanese are a tricky bunch when it comes to automotives.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned
SL Member

The Japaneese aren't that trickey. If you look, every internal mod for these motors is done right here in the home land.

And if your really serious about doing this than jump in and do it. You posted a pic of it being done already. So get your hands dirty and go for it. If it boils down to needing a different hood so be it.

But as far as it bolting on, it's a straight fit. I talked to Kenji at Greddy, put it on and have fun and learn something in the process.

No need to wait for an invitation or for someone else here to do it first. We got faith in you. Go for it.

XBG
Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey there, I had a Scion Xa that i put a Blitz Supercharger on.

I bought it used from a Scion XB owner.

Then i put it on my XA. No Real issues other than missing brackets that didnt come with the supercharger when i bought it.

No fitment issues on my end. But it is a fun job.

Best of luck.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread sucks without pics.