Notices

Questions For ZPI

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

brownKIDDnate Posted: 9/27/06 10:06PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

once a kit for the xa comes out, instead of having the kit sent to the customer could they come to zpi and have it installed?
yea i read somewhere on the forum or on there site that its like 4 or 5 Gs for them to do it for you which isnt to bad considering that you know that they will do it right since its there kit and they know everything there is to know about there kit but yea thats just my 2 cents
Old 09-28-2006, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itsme
brownKIDDnate Posted: 9/27/06 10:06PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

once a kit for the xa comes out, instead of having the kit sent to the customer could they come to zpi and have it installed?
yea i read somewhere on the forum or on there site that its like 4 or 5 Gs for them to do it for you which isnt to bad considering that you know that they will do it right since its there kit and they know everything there is to know about there kit but yea thats just my 2 cents
Jason that was for the tC Stage 1 turbo kit... that price included the kit , install and custom tune... Im sure the xA/xB kit, install and tune would be way less.. Im sure once the final price of the kit comes out ZPI might give a package price like they did for the tC kits..
Old 09-28-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by honey0bucket
Originally Posted by sensez
What effect does the turbo have on Fuel Eff?
should go up 5mpg...if you drive like a sane normal person

And that's a big ole' IF. To which I doubt you will be driving normal...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by honey0bucket
Originally Posted by sensez
What effect does the turbo have on Fuel Eff?
should go up 5mpg...if you drive like a sane normal person

And that's a big ole' IF. To which I doubt you will be driving normal...
sure i will..i drive like a sane person now so why woudlnt i drive like one after i get my turbo? sheesh you doubt me.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I don't doubt you, Nick....

Safest and Slowest xB owner I know!

LoL
Old 11-06-2006, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how would the kit do when it comes to snow? but then again the turbo does stay extremely hot and melts the snow.....wouldnt the salt they use on the snow cause the turbo to rust? and the whole deal about something that is hot and get cooled down really fast doesnt that do something?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how bout the loss of the 16g blower or whatever it was originally, why the switch? and how bout a dyno of the 14b at the original psi. and what if we want the original blower, can we get it instead of the 14b?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey Billy do you have a cat on your box? I just wanted to know where the cat would b located at b4 or after the turbine? how would the turbo effect emissions?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itsme
hey Billy do you have a cat on your box? I just wanted to know where the cat would b located at b4 or after the turbine? how would the turbo effect emissions?
No I didnt have a cat on my exhaust... if you wanted a cat on the exhaust, you would put it in after the turbo and it would need to be an aftermarket hi-flow cat... a factory cat would proably get eaten alive by the heat of the turbo, plus it will slow the flow of exhaust gases out of the exhaust... Not sure how a turbo effects emmisions.. but I now it will not pass inspections for most states that test for that stuff.. FLdosent so no worries for me..Does GA check?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ProshopXB Posted: 11/6/06 6:08PM Post subject:

itsme wrote:

No I didnt have a cat on my exhaust... if you wanted a cat on the exhaust, you would put it in after the turbo and it would need to be and aftermarket hi-flow cat... a factory cat would proably get eaten alive by the heat of the turbo, plus it will slow the flow of exhaust gases out of the exhaust... Not sure how a turbo effects emmisions.. but I now it will not pass inspections for most states that test for that stuff.. FlLdosent so no worries for me..Does GA check?
Honestly im not sure if GA does or doesnt but i asume that they would cuzz when i went with my cousin to get his emissions done for his 99 Integra da guy used a mirror to check to see if there was a cat so i would think GA does check....plus we got smog and stuff like that but if i lived like in da boonies or something i wouldnt have a cat cuzz they dont do emissions out there well thats what i was told......
Old 11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i totally forgot about emissions tests =[

clean air VS turbo box that's sexy... hmmmm

sensez]
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ..

i notice you guys are still claiming the same wheel horsepower with a different setup, smaller turbo, stock exhaust manifold, etc..

how about some real dyno numbers with the changes you guys have made huh??

and also you say you poured water on your filter and it beaded off??

i would like to see you pour water on your filter at full boost i gaurentee it will take the water then..

also how much extra would the little intake pipe be for people that live in a wet climate??

3000 dollars for a turbo kit it should come with the intake pipe just incase someone runs over a puddle while boosting it... if it rains here and im cruising around i wouldn't want my car to bend a rod because it hydrolocks..
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ..

Originally Posted by 8psiXA
i notice you guys are still claiming the same wheel horsepower with a different setup, smaller turbo, stock exhaust manifold, etc..

how about some real dyno numbers with the changes you guys have made huh??

and also you say you poured water on your filter and it beaded off??

i would like to see you pour water on your filter at full boost i gaurentee it will take the water then..

also how much extra would the little intake pipe be for people that live in a wet climate??

3000 dollars for a turbo kit it should come with the intake pipe just incase someone runs over a puddle while boosting it... if it rains here and im cruising around i wouldn't want my car to bend a rod because it hydrolocks..
first off...when someone gets the new turbo into their car...they will dyno it. but if im not mistaken i dont think anybody has the smaller turbo in their car yet. unless fusion does but he hasnt had a chance to get his box dyno'd yet.

i dont know about the whole water filter thing..i dont get it...the kit comes with a FMIC (front mount intercooler) which means you dont have to worry about sucking up water.... i guess you didnt read the ZPI thread about their turbo where it lists all the parts for it? here let me go ahead and do that for you...

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
I just wanted to give everyone a update as to where we are on xB turbo kits. We have now installed our 3rd xB turbo kit and this is usually our cut off for development and put them into production. The 2 xBs that we did prior to the 04 we just did have been 06. There are some chassis and configuration differences in the two model years. We have to re do some of the mounts on the kit and get them polished. Above and beyond that the kit is solid and ready for sale. Below you find a list of the final products included in the kit this will be updated on the site shortly.

• T304 Polished stainless intercooler piping
• HKS SSQ BOV
• ZPIracing 26x12x3 Bar and Plate intercooler
• ZPIracing 4 ply silicon couplers
• Stainless Steel Breeze Hose Clamps
• MHI 14b turbo Charger
• ZPIracing 38mm Wastegate (.6 bar spring)
• ZPIracing T304 Stainless Turbo Feed pipe
• ZPIracing T304 Stainless Slip fit Down Pipe
• ZPIracing Air Filter
• ZPIracing MAF flange
• ZPIracing high Flow oil return pump
• Greddy Emanage with injector harness
• ZPIracing 4 ply silicon vacuum line
• All misc, fittings, bolts, brackets, etc

Introductory release price at 2999.99 orders will be accepted later today. There is approx a two week lead time at this time. All orders that a deposit had been accepted on will need to be paid and these will ship prior to all new orders shipping our pending timely payment.

I would personally like to thank all of you who continue to support us while we develop new innovative products for the Scion platforms. I think the 07 Scion Shootout will be a lot more fun with all the Boost Boxes running around..

Thanks

-Kenny
anymore questions you would like to ask about the kit?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member

where can i find a elec oil pump to buy one
Old 11-13-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pralexisxb05pr
where can i find a elec oil pump to buy one
You can hit ZPI up, im sure they would sell you one seperatley... if they have enough in stock.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member

but can i find other place
Old 11-13-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pralexisxb05pr
but can i find other place
Not sure.. try Googling them and see what you find.. I'll check also when I get some time.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honey0Bucket... If I am not mistaken, both Proshop and Fusion have the 14b turbo. Or should I say had. (Sorry about the situation your in Billy.) I don't put it on these guys to pay to get their car dynoed just so the world can see the results though. If they want to do it for themselves, fine.

Now that isn't to say that I'm not anxious to see the REAL numbers. But that is ZPI's responsibility, not their customers. I know they claim that the 14b should put out about the same power at full boost. This may or may not be true. Even if it is, it still doesn't tell me what the dyno graph is going to look like.

And like 8psixA was inferring... I highly doubt that the dyno numbers are going to be the same when you change the piping, change the turbo, actually tune the engine and add an exhaust system. The dynos will most certainly look different. And for me, that is fine.

I have no doubt with the revisions ZPI made, they came up with a much more street friendly kit. Even if it meant losing out on the peak numbers. More boost down low, and less lag is a good thing for the street.

I just wish the turbo wasn't mounted where it was, and that I could get away with running one out here in California. The way things are going now, it looks like the Greddy might actually become a real option for us sometime in the future.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

so what is the status on the xA kit? im patiently waiting its arrival...
Old 11-14-2006, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brownKIDDnate
so what is the status on the xA kit? im patiently waiting its arrival...
I'll try and find out today when I talk to them Nate...and let everyone know..

Quick Reply: Questions For ZPI