Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2006 xB AUX Audio Input Use Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 AM

Default 2006 xB AUX Audio Input Use Questions

I own a 2006 xB (manufactured 7/05) w/ a T1804 HU and an AUX input in the center console near the e-brake. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get my iPod or smart phone (HTC 1X) to work. I can plug into the AUX port but the T1804 HU has no AUX button on it to switch the inputs.
There was a great post years ago that I found that seemed to say that it could be done but failed to say how to switch the input on the HU. I've included the pertinant section of this post below. I appreciate any help anyone can provide!!!!

" The tC iPod Thread"

2006 Model Year

Luckily Scion wised up quick and got the 2006 models ready for iPod/MP3 in a hurry.

Option 1: Controlling the iPod with the OEM Head Unit

--> Factory iPod Upgrade ~ $260
--> iPod Cable Part Number ~ PT546-21061

This might be the easiest option out there. You can order your 2006 tC with the iPod option and they'll install a different head unit, a second jack in the center console armrest, and a cable to plug into the dock connector of your iPod.

Compatibility - All iPods with the "Dock Connector" - ie. pretty much anything but the iPod Shuffle.

Pros: Controls the iPod from the head unit. Charges the iPod. Factory installed option.
Cons: Expensive. Doesn't work with iPod shuffle. Can only be installed at the port (no adding it to your non iPod tC).

Option 2: The AUX Input Method

--> 1/8" Minijack Stereo to Stereo Cable ~ $5-$10

All 2006 models already have an AUX input in the center armrest with no upgrade necessary. This is also very easy as you don't have to buy an extra adapter (but will need a cable to connect the iPod. You'll still have to control the iPod from the device itself, but it's not bad if you weren't able to order a tC with the iPod option.

Compatibility - All. Also works with any other audio device/MP3 player with a headphone jack.

Pros: Inexpensive. Works with any device with a headphone jack. Default option for 2006.
Cons: Still have to control audio from the device. Separate cable necessary and not included (though inexpensive at Walmart or Radio Shack).