Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Amp location with underseat sub?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Amp location with underseat sub?

I don't know my xB very well, and I tried to install my amp underneath the drivers seat and found that that's where the jack stand is kept. I wanted to put it there because I'm interested in the Elemental Designs xB Underseat Sub but that didn't work. I put my amp under the passenger seat and put my old sub in the trunk, but that's not what I ultimately want.

If I were to purchase the underseat sub, where can I mount my amp? I don't really want to cut up the foam piece next to the spare, but if there's no other alternative I may consider it.

Does anyone here have this sub? Where did you mount your amp?

If I can't find a good place to mount my amp, I may leave it where it is and get the space-saving down-firing sub box and the eD 11Kv.2. What do you guys think?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, if you check my profile you can see my setup. I have a custom box with a JL Audio 8w7 sub under the passenger seat and two amps, a JL Audio 250/1 and 300/4 under the Driver's seat. You will need to re-locate the tire jack if you choose to do this.

Your other option would be to use the rear quarter panel window amp racks from Audio Formzhttp://www.audioformz.com/xbrack.asp, the xbamprack2, though they run $125 a side.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM

I thought about relocating the jack next to the spare, but it seemed like the metal brackets that hold it in place are welded on. Is that true? How could I remove those metal pieces without really messing it up?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depending on th esize of you amp, put it in the storage area next to the spare.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my amp is 14" long, fits just fine in cubby:

Old 07-05-2007, 10:34 PM

While I do like what you guys did with putting the amp next to the spare, I'd like to explore putting it under the driver's seat. Once I remove the jack, how do I remove the metal bracket that it slides in to?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Well, if you check my profile you can see my setup. I have a custom box with a JL Audio 8w7 sub under the passenger seat and two amps, a JL Audio 250/1 and 300/4 under the Driver's seat. You will need to re-locate the tire jack if you choose to do this.

Your other option would be to use the rear quarter panel window amp racks from Audio Formzhttp://www.audioformz.com/xbrack.asp, the xbamprack2, though they run $125 a side.
Do you have any pics/details of how the amps are mounted? The bottom amp is on the carpet or on a board or plate? You used all-threads and a board/plate to mount the top amp? I was wondering how something like this would work - I think with the jack out the amps I am planning on using would fit (lenght and width) it I did something similar.

They don't show any pics of those "window panel" racks and the PDF for the install instructions are for the spare tire amp rack. In any case, I am not sure I want to block the rear side windows with amp mounts.

I think the ED xB has the amps mounted behind the trim panels on the sides ot the "cargo space", IIRC.

Dennis
Old 08-25-2007, 06:01 PM

Hey guys. I know I'm reviving an old thread, but it's my old thread

I'd like to put my amp underneath the driver's seat. How do I remove the metal bracket that holds the jack?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the eD underseat box and I also wanted to mount my amp under the drivers seat. I know the jack was there, so I just threw that in the little compartment in the trunk along w/ all my suspension & wheel tools.

The metal bracket is spot welded on. To remove it, all you need to do is get a drill bit thats about the size of the spot weld (a little bigger than 1/4") and drill on top of the spot weld. You dont make an actual hole into the floor, just the bracket. There are 4-5 spot welds on the bracket. Once all of the welds are drilled, just wiggle the bracket out. You'll have to remove your seat (obviously)...

GOOD LUCK!!!