Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Any Comments on Rockford Fosgate Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any Comments on Rockford Fosgate Speakers?

I was in the market for some replacement speakers for the scion and Was checking out my options. Ive never owned any RF products before but Ive heard a mix of bad and good on just about every brand out there.. I used to work at Circuit City but we never sold RF. So I went by Best Buy to see what they carried and had a listen to all there brands

Now from what I can tell the "Power" series is there mid line and "Punch" Series being higher end.

Im basically just going for a better more crisp sound without breaking the bank but I dont want to get the low end.. Ive owned large car stereo systems in the pass and im just out of that stage of my life I guess

So my question is.. What is everyone's view on the RF Series os Speakers and subs?

I picked up a pair of the "power" 6.5's and im going to put them in tonight. I really liked how they sounded at the store and altough I know that they are amped on the sales wall . I will be doing an amp as well when i get further along with my system.

I humbly await anyones advice/comments on RF products

Thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive never really liked any RF products.. got a bit too muddy for my liking. I mean they were on of the first sets i heard and i thought they sounded nice and punchy but i heard other sets and realized that they were OK at best. At higher volumes they sounded terrible (i think this was the punch series, forgive me.. this was a while ago). If your up for suggestions id try the CDT efs, or CDT CLS. Infinity kappas are ok too (a bit harsh). I can go into higher end stuff too but judging by this brand.. your not looking to drop insane amounts of money.
CN: CDT = best bang for the buck comps
Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default speakers

Just get some JBL's for mids and highs and JL Audio woofers. Then you'll be set.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

You got it all backwards! "Power" is the high end, "Punch" is the low end. And they are pretty nice for the price. especially if you amplify them.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome thanks for that clarification Munky!!

The reason I asked this is that Ive had high end before and for the money they dont impress me and my style of hearing. Ive owned Boston / Infi / MB Q's and true they sounded great but I dont see dropping 800 just in a component set !!

Ok just got done putting in my new door speakers and

Im in love.. Now Ive never owned anything by Rockford Fosgate before but after hearing these I thought I would give them a try !

And I must say Im very impressed!!

I purchased the RF "Power Series" 6.5's for my doors and I plan on doing all RF now!!!

Since its dark Ill get a pic of them tomorrow installed but here is a quick video I did of them playing!

Keep in Mind The audio in the video was taken from the camera only inches away from the speaker and i cant even beleive the clarity in these guys.. also keep in mind i have no subs in my car and these spekers are running off the head unit!!

Once I do my subs Ill get a 4ch to go along with them!!

http://www.setuners.com/speakers.mpg (About 9 megs)
Old 08-18-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

Great choice! i install them all the time and like the way they sound for the price.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Type RF - The best RF has to offer
power - mid line
punch - entry level
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? The Type RF Stuff they had looked cheap compared to the power.. the power was more expensive o_O
Old 08-18-2005, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had and do have quite a few RF component sets. I have the FNP and FNX series of 4", 5.25" and 6.5" and I like them all. I have the 4's in the dash and 6.5's in the doors right now. I don't have any more 5 1/4's or they would be in the rear.