Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Anyone farmiliar with wire color coding of dome light.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Anyone farmiliar with wire color coding of dome light.

Good afternoon all. This is my first post so be kind. By the way I did do a search to try to avoid posting my question.
I recently picked up a Gentex auto tint rear view mirror with Homelink and am looking to wire it in to the harness for the sunroof control which works only when the ignition is on.
My problem is that I can't seem to find any wiring schematics or diagrams showing the color codes for the wires. Right now I know that the red is constant 12V(tested it) but there are five other wires(black, blue, white, and two(2) white w/black stripe). All I need is a two wire hookup(pos. and ground.)
Now I've tried a few "safe" combinations but can't seem to find out which wire carries the 12V when the ignition is on. Any hep or ideas would be great!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm not sure about the wiring, but you have to remember that the sunroof has 45 seconds to be operated after the car is turned off, unless you open the door...

it may just be in your best interest to run a wire up there, just so you know whats what
Old 08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Moved to ICE...
Old 08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
i'm not sure about the wiring, but you have to remember that the sunroof has 45 seconds to be operated after the car is turned off, unless you open the door...

it may just be in your best interest to run a wire up there, just so you know whats what
Hmmm... that's food for thought. But I'm o.k. with it as long as the wire I tap into gets power as long as the ignition is on. I just don't want to tap into the constant power for the overhead lights. I'm sure the LED on the mirror would draw minimal amperage, but I'd rather wire it somewhat correctly.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Auto Dimming Mirror

If you got the OEM factory auto dimming mirror then you can e-mail (ranmap@charter.net) me. I think I can help you out....

The auto dimming was like my 2nd add-on that I did for my car.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Auto Dimming Mirror

Originally Posted by RanmaP
If you got the OEM factory auto dimming mirror then you can e-mail (ranmap@charter.net) me. I think I can help you out....

The auto dimming was like my 2nd add-on that I did for my car.
Technically yes and no. It is the same model made by Gentex with the Homelink feature. However it actually came out of a 2005 Nissan Maxima. I already know which wires power the auto tint, homelink and reverse power for the tint, and ground on the mirror itself. Basically I am looking for the knowlege of which wires to tap into to power the mirror when the ingnition is on.