Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Anyone know what the thread pitch is of the shift lever?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default Anyone know what the thread pitch is of the shift lever?

I'm wanting to get a new shift **** because the OBX Fatboy feels too light and cheap and the stock **** is too light and pleathery. Does anyone know what the thread pitch is for the shift lever. I know the lever is 12mm but what is the pitch? m12 x 1.75 or m12 x 1.25 threads?

I know I can go to a local hardware store and buy 1 each of these threads in a standard hex nut, which are only pennies, and use them to check match the thread pitch on the shift lever, but was hoping someone might know this information for certain.

The link below is of MGW's Mustang shift *****, which are 12mm and may fit the Scion, but the manufacturer needs to know what measurements the pitch of our threads is. (If his ***** fit, I'm hoping he can modify it so that he can put a standard 5-speed pattern on top instead of the Mustang logo.)

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang.html

Also, here's another cool shift **** that a company makes for MINIs and BMWs. It has a quick-release feature, which would be excellent so that in cold or hot weather, you could just pop off the **** and take it with you so it doesn't freeze or fry. Unfortunately, that quick-release feature can't be adapted to our Scion's shift levers. The owner did say, though, that he can modify the **** so that it can be screwed onto our levers. He quoted a price of about $85.00 + $20.00 for engraving to machine it to our specs. If you're interested, tell him Dylan sent you.

http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com/home.htm

Thanks,
Dylan