Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aux, mp3 input on 2006 scion

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member

Default Aux, mp3 input on 2006 scion

I have been told by the parts guys that the aux input cable for the standard radio that plugs into the back of the radio is taped into the wiring harness and is not available separately. Has anyone had the ambition to check this out, and or try to trace and pinout this cable? Even if someone buys a new 2006 style radio from the dealer they cannot get the cable, so if you want to put it in an older scion you are out of luck,..help someone, anyone! Actually a pinout of the 12 pin jack on the back of the redio would be just as good!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

I would also like to know what my options are.. I just picked up a 2006 stereo to replace my 2005 model (the rotary **** alone is worth it) - and getting the line level input would be great.

Has anyone done this yet?
Old 01-14-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions

Do a search for "DF-TOY" to read about a USASpec's aftermarket aux in, and there is also one from a a company called PIE named the TOY3-AUX. Similar porduct. they both use your stock headunit's ability to connect to a cd changer. they use that unused port. I have tried the USASPec's and it's going back to Circuit City today. I was getting less than FM quality sound through it, and greatly reduced volume. I was connecting it to my XM MyFi, but also used it with my IPOD. Similar results. gonna try the PIE unit, if its good Ill post, if its not....new head unit unfortunately. GL
Old 01-14-2006, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member

Default Input diagrams!!! and /or schematics

Originally Posted by big_c
Do a search for "DF-TOY" to read about a USASpec's aftermarket aux in, and there is also one from a a company called PIE named the TOY3-AUX. Similar porduct. they both use your stock headunit's ability to connect to a cd changer. they use that unused port. I have tried the USASPec's and it's going back to Circuit City today. I was getting less than FM quality sound through it, and greatly reduced volume. I was connecting it to my XM MyFi, but also used it with my IPOD. Similar results. gonna try the PIE unit, if its good Ill post, if its not....new head unit unfortunately. GL
You obviously did not read or understand the original query posed here. I'm not looking for an aftermarket plug n play robot answer, if I were tere was no need to post in the first place, as there are tons of previous posts for those products.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am trying to sell my adapter that was used for a week in my car. if anybody can help me out:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...991&highlight=

I have everything packaged up and ready to be sent out. I do not want to sell everything in pieces but will if i have to. please let me know. thanks