Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

AVN2454 Problems. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member

Default AVN2454 Problems. Please help.

Hello, I bought an AVN2454 in February and have only been really using the navigation in my tC. When I installed it, I tested the dvd player to make sure it played but I didn't test it past the title screen.

I tried to use recently and noticed that I can't get past the title screen. If I try to press play or skip to the next chaper it says: "This function is currently disabled". I thought it was a parking brake grounding issue so I switched the ground from the screw behind the unit to the black/white wire that is connected to the cigarette lighter. Still the same problem. Still if it was the grounding issue, wouldn't the unit just not play the dvd at all?

Anyone have this problem and know how to resolve this?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Maybe try this

Won't swear to it, but put the ground back to the deck ( the factory wire) THEN follow it down & move it from the emergency brake. I was told that the factory has some "special" bullcrap. My buddy moved mine after the same prob & now mine works fine. Best of luck!
Old 04-28-2005, 01:22 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ive gone through 2 screens and both i just wired to my dimmer ground and never had a prob, u might wanna try that. But im pretty sure it would say parking break or something and not even show the menu, but i guess its worth trying.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: AVN2454 Problems. Please help.

Originally Posted by jjf112
Hello, I bought an AVN2454 in February and have only been really using the navigation in my tC. When I installed it, I tested the dvd player to make sure it played but I didn't test it past the title screen.

I tried to use recently and noticed that I can't get past the title screen. If I try to press play or skip to the next chaper it says: "This function is currently disabled". I thought it was a parking brake grounding issue so I switched the ground from the screw behind the unit to the black/white wire that is connected to the cigarette lighter. Still the same problem. Still if it was the grounding issue, wouldn't the unit just not play the dvd at all?

Anyone have this problem and know how to resolve this?

Thanks
You may or may not find this funny, but you aren't using it correctly. I just got mine running today and was having trouble too. I realized that you can't use the touchscreen on the actual DVD menu. You have to use the blue buttons, and before you play or skip chapters, you actually have to start playing the movie by using the MENU button and then use the arrows that appear to select the DVD menu option. I hope this helps. but I know it's confusing. Just read your manual and know that it's not a hardware issue.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Its one of the downfall

The AVN2454 has a poorly made DVD navigating menu. Sometimes those damn blue buttons would cover up the title menu on some DVD movies and you can't even see what your selecting.

The unit can be used with remote which is good, but only works with audio (mp3, CD, etc.) which sucks since you can't navigate when playing DVDs.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member

Yup, thats what support told me. I finally emailed them and thats what they said. Kinda retarded that i couldn't figure that out.. and it definely is a poor user interface..
Old 05-20-2005, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Same for AVN5435! I knew its not about the grounding issue! Also, please read the manual! I read them for hours before I drive out the shop!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had the same questions when i first got mine, but i figured it out.