Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Bazooka Sub Problem Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Bazooka Sub Problem Help Please

Alright Iam trying to install a bazooka sub in my xb I have the toyota specific wire harness and two bazooka subs (only gonna use one ) one is the bta 10100 and other is the el8a. I orignally tried to install the el8a and it worked yet when i disconnected to feed nwire back and reconnected didnt work. Tried reconnecting no dice, so went to circuit city and returned it for another same problem the radio works while hooked up thru harness yet not getting power thru sub. Then i bought new wire harness still no dice. Thought was possibly was sub so went and purchased bta 10100 (will be returning one) yet still didnt work. Is there som fuse I couldla blown on the radio side since it worked the first time then no more. I have changed the way I install it always no keys in ignition and then install. The first time worked really confused pleasee help....
Old 12-31-2005, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check your ground wire, also while checking your ground wire use a automotive voltage test light and make sure you are getting power from the harness, also check your fuses on the Car, but it sounds like you are not getting power to the Sub, is the little green light on?

Erik
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You need to use a DMM on the harness. Find out if you are getting any power on the positive lead. Test the positive lead against a known good ground (seat belt bolts work). If you have no positive lead, go back to the fuse box and replace the fuse. I don't think there is an inline fuse on the harness but you may want to trace that back to the fuse box anyway. Another option you may need to check is the fuse on the sub. It's possible the onboard amp of the 10100 blew and will need to be replaced. I'm not a bazooka fan so you'll have to double check that one.

G/L
Old 01-01-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow thanks socal and spoket right after I posted i was searching and found exact directions for install on trdsparks.com. U gys are right it needed to be grounded and now it works. Thanks for all your help , Im thinking about a diy for the xb install of the bazooka since I didnt see one.

Thank u alot for help
Old 01-01-2006, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like it would be a great writeup. Glad to hear it's working correctly now.

You'll pardon me for a bit.. I need to go file down my pointy ears again. "spoket"
Old 01-01-2006, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tay,

Glade to here you got it going, now just make sure you get the phase switch in the up position and you should be good to go!!

Erik