Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Blew my stock stereo, is there a fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Blew my stock stereo, is there a fuse?

I'm assuming there IS a fuse for the stock stereo that I can possibly replace... Don't ask what I did but it doesn't power up anymore. I looked in the manual and I don't see a fuse for the stereo system. I'm not familiar with wiring (which is how it blew...) so maybe I'm overlooking something. Everything else is fine so thats why I figured it had its own fuse (I know some electronics are grouped together) I just want to have some music until I get myself a nicer stereo system and theres no point in paying for another stock stereo, It's probably still under warranty, even though technically it's my fault but they can't really prove that I blew it...? Any suggestions? =)
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The fuse box is just to the left of the steering wheel where your left knee would go. Just stick your hand in that little hole and pull the plastic panel off. On the back of that panel should be a map of all the little fuses in there, the one that might be blown is the ACC fuse but check them all to be sure.

But I don't think its a blown fuse because if it was, your gauges would not work either(or at least thats how it is on an xA) Try holding down the "mode" button on the steering wheel to see if that will turn it on. But if you tell us what you did with the wiring maybe I can come up with more ideas. Anyways, hope it works.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I havent inspected the fuse box but it shows a diagram in the manual so thats what i looked at first. Thats what I didn't understand, I figured if it was part of the gauge/clock/interior lighting, those would've been off as well. but everything is fine but the stereo. I will check the fuses physically a bit later. I don't have buttons on my steering wheel either =P thanks for the ideas though
Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As I don't have our fuse box in front of me right this second, but generally, the radio can be on any number of fuses. Check for one like audio, interior, dome light, lighter. Or go see you local stereo shop. Someone with the tools to find the fuse.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I looked for that too but it doesn't make sense because all my interior lighting and gauges are fine. The stereo is the only thing not working... But I will check and maybe replace them? It just wouldn't make sense to me though ya know? I looked in the manual and theres nothing. *shrug*
Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member

Default Funny..

I just logged in to post the EXACT same problem. I heard that it supposed to be the same fuse as the dome light.. but guess what... dome light is working. HOWEVER.. my side view power windows are not? Do you have the same problem?

Let's hold hands through this situation.
haha.

I brought my xB to the Toyota in Albany... but i am currently transferring my policy for toyota services so i gotta wait until then. that's where i heard that the dome was on the same fuse.. ugh. ____ery.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know what. I didn't check my side mirrors. My buddy has a honda civic and said his cigarrette lighter and stereo went out on him and it was his fuse.

I googled it and someone had the same problem on a '05 xB. Appearantly its the ACC fuse. But what's weird is that the dome light and everything else is fine?! It could be the way things are wired? I'm not familiar with it. I'm going to go replace the ACC fuse tomorrow with the spare and reinstall my stereo. I just wanted to know if someone had an answer. I'll post back tomorrow night when I find out if thats the problem or not. Cause I'd r ather save my money for something else than a new stereo... =(
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member

i was going to ask why the hell your up at 4am on the forums, but then i see your in Cali.. i'm in NY..... thanks for the quick reply.

Yea man so i just posted up and PM'd a buddy from the Scionrg forums that works at a dealership so i will try to also get this sorted out.

Did you have an Ipod plugged in when it blew??

..and if you are thinking of a new head unit.. the brand new xB premium stereo is BAD ___ and is no modification perfect fit. 6hundred and change for it though..
Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I'm not really gonna drop any money on a new stereo if i dont have to, with all this christmas coming up (and I just got new tires) I can't afford jack! But I will find out tomorrow if its the ACC fuse. And yeah, it's only 1:30am... I should go to bed now. haha
Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Simply replaced the ACC fuse with the 15A spare fuse in the engine compartment. Problem solved!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member

It's the ACC fuse! Thanks for the hook-up Cleveland. # 25 on the xB manual diagram. It also effects the Cig Lighter and Power windows.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports
DeepSouth Scions

I've found that there's some kind of breaker in the stereo itself that can get tripped also. Twice now I've crossed some wires while playing with my amp, and both times the stereo died. Nothing else stopped working, and no fused were blown anywhere. Turns out that unplugging the power from the back of the stereo for a couple of minutes fixed it.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

does any11 know if this is the same for the tc? cause i blew my radio months ago and i thought there was only a radio fuse under the hood
Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I thought it was strange that I only noticed my stereo out, appearantly my side mirrors were out too... But thats all the ACC fuse. For the tc I wouldn't know but I would assume because most cars have an ACC fuse I think? Just check in the manual (should be one of the very last pages) and it'll tell you where the ACC is and the spare. I blew my stereo wiring my interior lights (oh ***** and foot area) to my stereo wire since its active.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

yea i jus fixed mine today it was the ACC fuse aswell
Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

acc fuse it is....