Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Clarion SRV303Scion xB install questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clarion SRV303Scion xB install questions

A. You may or may not tell me I have bought a piece of junk. But I am 57 and don't want a lot of bass, just more than stock. Thiis, and my lack of general knowledge informed my purchase.

B. It is a powered 7" 120 watts subwoofer that is enclosed in one unit with detachable control panel.

C. I intend to mount it to the bottom of the passenger seat frame and have it fire downward. I don't want to mount it on the floor facing upward because I don't want anything going into the cone and I want to avoid drilling holes in the floor.

D. My 06 Scion xB has an iPod Radio.

Can someone offer advice based on experience to the following questions? I appreciate the courtesy.

1. Does my mounting solution makes sense to you?

2. Are you familiar with the hookup layout on the back of the radio? If so, does it have RCA jacks that can hookup directly to the RCA input jacks that are on the subwoofer?

3. What is involved in removing the trim surrounding the radio so that access can gained to the screws that hold the radio in place? (I must confess I am nervous about messing the trim up during removal).

4. Does my plan to tap into the cigarette lighter wire sound like the best option? (The subwoofer is rated at 10 amp and nominally 7 amp).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any useful assistance offered.

I guess my goal is to regain the joy of listening to Led Zeppelin, the Stones, and the Who the way I remember. This is probably an elusive dream.....
Old 12-14-2005, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. No.

2. Yes. No.

3. Pull off the a/c control *****. Undo the 2 screws. Pull firmly at the vents. Unhook the 3 electrical connectors.

4. No. Pull a new wire. It isn't hard.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Max2k.....thanks for responding. I appreciate the info very much. With regards to the mounting question, given the I am working with this particular package (13" W x 2 7/8" H and 9 1/16" D), what would you consider the best option that will retain rear deck space?
Thanks again....Jerry
Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Clarion SRV303Scion xB install questions

Originally Posted by jthebear
A. You may or may not tell me I have bought a piece of junk. But I am 57 and don't want a lot of bass, just more than stock. Thiis, and my lack of general knowledge informed my purchase.

B. It is a powered 7" 120 watts subwoofer that is enclosed in one unit with detachable control panel.

C. I intend to mount it to the bottom of the passenger seat frame and have it fire downward. I don't want to mount it on the floor facing upward because I don't want anything going into the cone and I want to avoid drilling holes in the floor.

D. My 06 Scion xB has an iPod Radio.

Can someone offer advice based on experience to the following questions? I appreciate the courtesy.

1. Does my mounting solution makes sense to you?

2. Are you familiar with the hookup layout on the back of the radio? If so, does it have RCA jacks that can hookup directly to the RCA input jacks that are on the subwoofer?

3. What is involved in removing the trim surrounding the radio so that access can gained to the screws that hold the radio in place? (I must confess I am nervous about messing the trim up during removal).

4. Does my plan to tap into the cigarette lighter wire sound like the best option? (The subwoofer is rated at 10 amp and nominally 7 amp).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any useful assistance offered.

I guess my goal is to regain the joy of listening to Led Zeppelin, the Stones, and the Who the way I remember. This is probably an elusive dream.....
What Max2k said, you rock dude! You are listening to some good music, Rock on my friend!

John
Old 12-14-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Put it on the floor under the front seat. Here's a hint: bolt it through the carpet and put some rubber stuff under the carpet. the sub won't go anywhere and you don't have to drill into the floor.

Or, if you're crafty, build a platform that will elevate it to right under the seat so you retain foot room. I did this with my amps, it works well. Maybe i'll throw some pics up later this week.

Attaching it to the seat frame will be ridiculously time consuming and frustrating. It's hard enough to mount cold cathode tubes, let alone a heavy metal box that vibrates a lot.

By the way, you could probably carve out the foam on the storage box in the trunk and fit this thing in there. Just put a vent in the cover to let the sound out.