Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Code Alarm Two-Way CA135 Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Code Alarm Two-Way CA135 Question

I was looking at the LED Transmitter Code Alarm Car Alarm. I am wanting to know what it does? Does it tell you when your car is being tampered with? Or do you have to press some buttons to check the status of your car? I am comparing it to the CA125 One-way and was just wondering if it was worth the extra 70 dollars for the 2-way..

Also if you have this system would u plz comment..

-nt

Or should I go with the Viper one-way car alarm for the same price...
So confused, plz help
Old 08-08-2004, 04:28 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what two-way will do is when ur car is tampered with it will send a signal to ur LCD screen or "pager" and it will blink and make noise or buzz depending on the system you're looking at. its really kinda slick how it works but sometimes its too far away to work and ur car could be getting jacked up and you'd have no idea. it cant complete the signal. i would still do the two-way though nonetheless.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have been spoiled with two-ways and remote start I have both Audiovox APS995c(crx) and the Audiovox APS996c (xb). yes you are limited on the range due to wall and distance. but the most important thing is when your at home, when your car goes off...your two-way goes off. also a plus is when your not sure if you armed your car, it confirms on your two-way.

with code alarms...just make sure you get an external shock sensor. it will save you a lot of headaches going back to your installer because the internal shock sensor on the CA-425 master module SUCKs, everything else is good. I know cause I install them everyday at circuit city.

Hope this helps,
Old 08-10-2004, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default circuit city

being a asst. s and i manager for circuit city i would have to agree with the above
the 135 has to have the master module which sucks .....i see location 3521 is not the only store that agrees on this
nice to see a fellow co worker and xb driver on the forum
not meaning to hijack the thread
Old 08-10-2004, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy viper. I wish we still had it. It was so easy to program, troubleshoot, etc.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default circuit city

Originally Posted by JDMJim
buy viper. I wish we still had it. It was so easy to program, troubleshoot, etc.
is that yet another circuit city employee.....?
:?:
Old 09-04-2004, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Anyone elese have comments? I am going to Circuit Cirty tonight to make an appointment..

-nt
Old 09-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Banned
SL Member

city tuff is a good brand mine work with the lightest touch
Old 09-04-2004, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I too am a CC installer and would also suggest going with an external shock sensor instead of the onboard one. It sucks to try to get just right with its sensitivity. The LED transmitter will receive a signal when your car is tampered with if you are in range to receive it. The LED remote is cool in the fact that you have 2 way communication but I like the LCD remote sense it will actually show you which trigger is set off. Whether it be door, hood, trunk, or shock sensor. I not only wish we had Viper back but I actually liked the Audiovox alarms as well. Alot of my co-installers hated programming them but I like em. Even though my mgr. says these are the same company as Audiovox blah blah blah. I know that but they are still a diff alarm . I hate the huge master module on them but I love the built in relays system inside with the fuses. Sorry for the long rant that dosent really pertain to you question. I would go with the CA145 just so you have a little more controlability over seeing what is goin on with your car. If you have an auto and want a remote start go with the CA645.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Nathant888
Anyone elese have comments? I am going to Circuit Cirty tonight to make an appointment..

-nt
did you get it installed already? just wondering how long it took them to install?

jmarks1998,

which roadshop are you at? I'm in Loc#0405 in buena park, ca. counting all the CCRS Assoc. here in the boards that I know of your the 6th...hehehe I like the color of your box...check out mine in my signiture.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm at 3170. I guess technnically I am no longer an installer. I now work in the warehouse because I have been with the company for 6 years now and wanted a change. We went through a new drastic change in roadshop and got a new S&I and asst S&I as well as some new morons in the bay so I left. Everyone was screwing stuff up we were dropping to next to last in the district from top of the heap. It was either switch positions or leave the company. I love it in warehouse now though. Now instead of drooling over new car audio product everyday I drool over $4000 tv's on deliveries!! But I still consider myself an installer. It's funny cuz none of the assoc. want the morons in the shop to work on their cars since I left. I was the last one still back there that they trusted, now hardly any assoc. (other than new hires) will get them to install their stuff.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: circuit city

Originally Posted by renone
Originally Posted by JDMJim
is that yet another circuit city employee.....?
:?:
Yup it's yet another one in this thread hehe, I work with him.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

compustar is a good one...a guy i know said he was about 2 miles from his house and he hit the remote start on his car and when he got there it was running

i dont know much about alarm pager ranges, but 2 miles?! thats gotta be pretty good
Old 09-04-2004, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Reign_Man
compustar is a good one...a guy i know said he was about 2 miles from his house and he hit the remote start on his car and when he got there it was running

i dont know much about alarm pager ranges, but 2 miles?! thats gotta be pretty good
That is good :o , the Code Alarms only have a range of 1/8 of a mile!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not to bring back an old topic...but i have nothing better to do....i have a job interview on sunday for circuit city, hopefully the roadshop, thats what i applied for....i was thinking of getting the code alarm remote start lcd system.....but then i pondered over getting the viper system off somebody for 250 and two roll up modules for 75 a piece....id like to be able to control other relays (turn lights on and off, etc.) does that code alarm support that? also any suggestions for my interview and last....what kind of discount would i get on the alarm as an employee?
Old 10-16-2004, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Discount isn't bad really, not as good as it used to be but we can't get Viper anymore just in case you were asking about that. I personally didn't like the Viper790XV. We had problems with it running through batteries, the antenna falling off, the vibrating motor coming unsoldered from the board, and then the fact that it only comes with that one remote. But to each his own. People have probably had issues with the Audiovox APS995C (the one I have) as well.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is the gps thingy out yet for code alarm? i was looking at them one day and liked how i could call the car from my phone and stuff.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by DeliriousVisions
id like to be able to control other relays (turn lights on and off, etc.) does that code alarm support that? also any suggestions for my interview
Yeah the Code Master Module does have on board relays for illuminated entry and pop trunk...and had i think about 5-7 more aux. you can add a 30/40 SPDT relay too i.e. window roll up/down, sunroof open/close, etc. as for your interview...its just like any other...just present yourself to the best of your abilities. we had a guy come in for an interview and he came in late with jean shorts and a t-shirt we gave him the interview but never called him back.

Originally Posted by Jmarks1998
Discount isn't bad really, not as good as it used to be but we can't get Viper anymore just in case you were asking about that. I personally didn't like the Viper790XV. We had problems with it running through batteries, the antenna falling off, the vibrating motor coming unsoldered from the board, and then the fact that it only comes with that one remote. But to each his own. People have probably had issues with the Audiovox APS995C (the one I have) as well.
Yeah I agree our discounts isn't as good as before...miss those days. anyways the viper 790xv isn't bad at all esp. with the the new blue 2-way remote but as you said it only comes with one. as for the 995c what problems are you having? I have had mine for over 1yr 1/2 now without glitch. oh yeah saw your pio avic-n1 and your CCFL...nice...I'm getting an avic soon too.

Originally Posted by TOAST3R
is the gps thingy out yet for code alarm? i was looking at them one day and liked how i could call the car from my phone and stuff.
I would check with DEI (makes Viper/Rattler/Clifford Alarms) i think theie GPS tracks your speed too in real time over the internet. Let's say you have a son who just got their driver's lic. you can set your alarm to e-mail you if he/she goes over your set speed limit. It will email you the he/she went over 85mph @ 8:31pm at this location...pretty cool I think. and also should be like your standard on-star features minus the heavy price.

hope this helps,
Old 10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry my post was kind of confusing. I didn't mean I was having issues with mine but some people may be just like some people had issues with the Viper. Basically saying not all alarms are 100% problem free.

Thanks for the comment on the CCFL's. The pics don't do em justice and no one has posted to my thread.

The white tubes really look awesome in there at night esp. above the cubby holes.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nathant888

-nt
Whoops, lol. I actually went this afternoon, and I eneded up getting the top of the line one. And it will be insalled and returened to me by Wednesday.

the CA645. Cannot wait until Wednesday, and they better not screw it up +

-nt