Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Did they give me the right sound system

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Did they give me the right sound system

I did not get a manual with my standard Pioneer Sound System in my new 2006 XB. A nice lady at Scion.com sent me a copy of one. Got it today.

On the last pages it mentions setting your equalizer. I had seen "TC" a couple of times as I was aimlessly pressing buttons, so I took the instructions out with me to try checking my setting.

Sure enough, I pressed the SSP button down til it beeped and it told me "TC". But it all fell apart there. My volume button (+) isn't in the same place as in the diagram. But I held it (the one I have) down anyway, like the instructions told me, and I did not get the XA or XB setting options it was supposed to give me. (I tried the > button in the steering wheel too.)

I called Scion.com and they told me I definitely should have the option to set to XB. I called the dealer and got put on hold for 20 minutes. It was almost closing time, so I finally just hung up.

Did they install the right sound system in my car? If not, does it really matter that much?

Another question: Where are speakers number five and six? One and two are in the door. Three and four are in the cargo area, right?

I really, really, really do NOT want to hang around my dealership another Saturday. The guy at Scion.com told me the dealer should be able to "walk me through it", but I'll NEVER get those folks on the phone. And it's a zoo there by 7:30pm every Saturday - - - - -
Old 04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm sorry. I'm replying to my own post. I figured it out. Took me an hour and a half off and on in the car, but old folks finally figure stuff out.

I was pressing the ssp button and keeping it depressed while I changed the volume. Releasing it after it beeped did the trick. But to my credit, the instructions weren't all that clear.

But I'm still trying to figure out speakers number five and six

I'm just so glad I don't have to go to the dealer again. A cracked windshield. A first timer for my service technician for the LED light install- - - - - The time adds up.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they consider the tweeeters speakers too. yeah its just a simple turn of the volume **** to change it they didn't update the manuals for 06 cause the mirrors don't fold on the xa and the manual says they do.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Two tweeters in dash, two in front doors, two in rear hatch.

6 total.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thank you. All speakers accounted for now. (Don't know why that bothered me so much. Kind of like looking for that lost sock I guess.)

And the equalizer is now set to the "right car".