Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

which eD amp should i get? and the sub? HELP! i got the $!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default which eD amp should i get? and the sub? HELP! i got the $!

Hey everyone, well i just wanted to know if anyone knows which eD amp i should get, and i am going to get the 190v.2 which is the 18" sub right? well im gonna get 2 of those, and what amp/amp(S) should i get? i was thinking on getting 2-18's and 1 Nine.2X whatever that is.??? Im a newb at this, but all i know is i want it to be LOUD! but not "Ricey!" . .Help me out please.. and also... How much sound deadening would i need for my hatch? would i just get the dynamat and cover the ____ outta my hatch in the INSIDE of it? and put some behind the license plate on the OUTSIDE so it wont vibrate? or how would i do it? without the license plate vibrating?? or would i just screw in the bottom of the license plate too? PLEASE HELP! hehe, i am wanting to purchase everything by tuesday... thanks,
Old 10-22-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Or should i do ONE - 18 inch sub and 1 Nine.2X ? or which amp? because i think it would be cheaper for 1 of those big babys and i think 1 is good enough or you know what, no i want 2 or! should i just go for the strup deal and fix up with a exhaust and a header? omg, im getting mad, haha HELP!!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd go with a NINe.1 amp. As far as the deadening goes, I'm going to tackle my hatch in a few days, and I bought a gallon of V3 eDead.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Okay, thanks pargonvictim... so i am going to go with a 190v.2 (18") and a NINe.1 amp and a gallon of V3 eDead and can i just get the Dynamat ?? or is the "Gallon of eDead" like paint, and you just paint it on and it gets hard? or what the heck?!?!? hehe, HELP!!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NewMexicoxBPhatBoy
Okay, thanks pargonvictim... so i am going to go with a 190v.2 (18") and a NINe.1 amp and a gallon of V3 eDead and can i just get the Dynamat ?? or is the "Gallon of eDead" like paint, and you just paint it on and it gets hard? or what the heck?!?!? hehe, HELP!!
Check out Raam Audio - I did the floor, hatch, and all 4 doors in 6 hours start/finish and I'm really happy with the turn out/price!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(1) 19Ov.2 D2
(1) Nine.1
=LOUD

The V3 is a paint type liquid and yes, it does harden... Plus you get discounts on all ED equipment for being a forum member...
Old 10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks Sci_tC_Guy, I know that YOU know what your talkin about hehe... so thats what the choice i am going with anyway but didnt know the diff between "D2" or D4" but ill get the 2.. thanks, and yeah, i was like SHIZIT! what was that link that sci gave me for that forum discount, so i had to go back on the forums to like the 6th page or so and i found it, hehe THANKS!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The difference in the D2 and D4 is the resistance the speaker will have against electrical current... The amp is rated 1200x1@1ohm, so with a dual 2ohm sub(D2), you can wire it in parallel to achieve a 1ohm load at the amp thus allowing the amp to push maximum potential.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OOOO, i do not know what your talking about , hehe. but i get it, the more maximum potential the LOUDER! it is, right? well, now second question, all the wiring for it, can i get that at ANY audiostore?? or does it HAVE to be with eD also?? because i aint doing this myself, im gonna have a professional from an audio store hook it up for me, unless someone has like a "DIY WRITEUP" on HOW-TO wire up and hide all the wires for your own sub.. lol, and also... I can make my own box for this right? because i seen the ones on eD, and i like those, but i wanted more of a one that is a little bit bigger, and not vented, or should i do vented? and one with the AMP INSIDE the box with it, like the sub is showing, and the amp is hanging with it, ya mean? lol, anyway Im so confused...
Old 10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My advice? Call Chris at Elemental Designs. Tell him you are from Scionlife. Tell him you want a 19Ov.2 with a NINe.1 to push it. Then describe where you want your box to be, and what you want it to look like. They can custom build whatever you want, and make it fit perfectly. They have their own xB to use for mock up.

He'll tell you if it is possible. Then he'll quote you a price. He can even tell you how to do the rest of the wiring after he sends everything to you. He can likely install and prewire the subwoofer in the enclosure. Then all you have to do is run the wires correctly from the stereo to the , and from the amp to the enclosure.

And they can provide you with pretty much everything you will need to wire it yourself.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, they can provide you with whatever you need to wire it, but if you haven't done car audio wiring, or aren't comfortable with installing it, I'd just take it to an audio shop.

RTon: They can't ship pre-loaded boxes because of shipping liability, I wondered that myself at one point.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah, UPS wouldn't honor a damaged claim for a pre-loaded sub.

And I talked to him for a long time yesterday...Nine.1 + 19Ov.2 I think we decided on...then he wanted to try glassing something
Old 10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Too bad about the loaded boxes. Glad I didn't have any problems with Elegonics earlier this year then. They went ahead and installed the 11Kv.2 in the DF enclosure I ordered from them.

I wonder how other companies deal with that when they ship loaded enclosures. Folks like MTX, Scosche, etc.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Make packaging that would increase costs just because you loaded things
Old 10-24-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Chris, or "The Great and Powerful Mandos" thanks for everything yesterday, i went and bought the glassing mat and the resin, i am now waiting for the first part to dry :D . . Its freakin EASY!! hehe.. so once i get a total hang of it, im gonna build myself a custom box for that sub im gonna be ordering from you :D . . thanks again chris! !

zach